FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Sidkit on Ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Sidkit on Ebay Reply with quote

Saw this on Ebay and sent the seller the following inquiry.

I have included his response and then my response to him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272325463631?euid=1b16e3fa64a842b390b005cf097daa8a&bu=43159757443&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

From me:

Hello,

Is the prop pictured the actual one that will be received?

I would like some more info on how this was created as many "Sid kits" have appeared since he died???

Also is it for sure all metal including the mag and housing?

Thanks

Tom

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Sir,
I want only to be a bit clear. Do you think that I will show images about a Sidkit blade runner blaster and then I'll deliver something different??? I'm just curious. Did you give a look to my feedbacks? Do you think that my feedbacks reflect an honest seller or a stupid person? You are asking me if this is a Sidkit model with metal mag and housing? Do you think that I'll clearly write on my description that you're bidding on an all sidkit metal blaster and then I decide to ship something that would be different from my auction description? Probably you didn't understand know and probably a lot of people around the net know that Siderio aka Sidkit made something of special but the real person that produced the metal blaster was Michelle Possanza, his business partner that fisically made the blaster kits. I am selling the Sidkit blade runner blasters with the authorization from the molds owner and the person that still products the Sidkit blaster and this is Michelle Possanza. Siderio had a great intuition. he was a great business maker but the model maker and producer was Michelle Possanza. Otherwise it would be impossible for me, to have so many feedbacks and I can say right now I sold more than 100 blade runner blaster sidkits. All the people that bid on my auction knew the little history I just explained you before. So, if you are not comfortable to bid on my auction, don't bid.

Thanks, Duli

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wow, you just talked yourself out of a sale for being obnoxious. It is very common for Ebayers to show general pics and not the actual item being sold so my asking was perfectly normal as was my request for more background info.

Responding to a legitimate question with a snotty, obnoxious response is beyond stupid. Neither I nor anyone I know will order from you.

Thanks

Tom

Just FYI to the community

Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom --

The context of this individual and of his answer is important.

As the seller mentioned he has been working with Michelle who was involved in the old blaster production who in turn was an important part of what made the quality of Sid's blasters to good. As we all can appreciate, Duli has received a lot of flak over Sid's build - with regards the standoff between Rich and Sid - and because of this he is understandably defensive. Most importantly, he is not English speaking and as happened often with Sid on numerous times and in numerous posts, things often get lost in the translation - especially subtle nuances and through non-verbal communication.

I certainly respect your position and your unwillingness to deal with him after his curt response and there will always be a subjective feeling regarding the legitimacy of Sid's build. What I can say is that I dealt with him a few years ago and he was very supportive and a top seller and if I was to ever want to go down this road again, I would have no hesitation dealing with him.

Regards
MARK

Last edited by Staar on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the controversy aside: I've bought from him with nothing but respectful communication and willingness to help with my build and extra parts. You got a harsh answer to a question that could easily be seen as a challenge on integrity. That's just my two cents.
veektohr
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purchased from him before, and it is indeed a full metal. The photo he lists them with is always the same, though, which to me is understandable. The kit I received was in great shape. My experience was pretty smooth and uneventful. My guess is this is just a lost in translation / raw nerve scenario.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duli is a good seller IMO. Always been helpful and reasonable.
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I took your guys' advice and send him a message saying we probably were having a language problem. He agreed and we both apologized.

Thanks Guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: