FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
2049 replica props.........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remote People wrote:
You can also get the high resolution from the facebook page. Hit the options button and download...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156110660520934&set=p.10156110660520934&type=3&theater&ifg=1


Fantastic! Many thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Blade Walker
Community Member


Joined: 10 Nov 2017
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Look like the glasses at the L.A.P.D. scene Wink


Ya, I hope its not a cinemark exclusive.

DVD Connoisseur wrote:
Sincere thanks to white43 and everyone for IDing the various glassware.

I had a tough time tracking down the Hayman's Old Tom Gin bottle. This style seems out of production in the UK - managed to locate a specialist shop with one bottle remaining! The bottle arrived this morning.



Nice find DVD Connoisseur. Hayman change their bottles back in 2013.
http://www.packagingoftheworld.com/2013/11/haymans-gin-redesigned.html

I can't find the old Hayman bottle, Rodnik's absinthe and Abnormal vodka in my country but I found alternatives for Hayman Smile Checkout NV Absinthe and SW4 Gin.



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great spots, Blade Walker!

Yep, with the Hayman's bottle, I'm pretty certain it was one of the very last bottles on a shelf in the UK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
white43
Community Member


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 127
Location: Dorset, England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Walker wrote:
joberg wrote:
Look like the glasses at the L.A.P.D. scene Wink


Ya, I hope its not a cinemark exclusive.

DVD Connoisseur wrote:
Sincere thanks to white43 and everyone for IDing the various glassware.

I had a tough time tracking down the Hayman's Old Tom Gin bottle. This style seems out of production in the UK - managed to locate a specialist shop with one bottle remaining! The bottle arrived this morning.



Nice find DVD Connoisseur. Hayman change their bottles back in 2013.
http://www.packagingoftheworld.com/2013/11/haymans-gin-redesigned.html


Oh that's annoying! I thought the old style bottle was looking a bit difficult to find!

The London Gin and Royal Dock are also the same style bottle - but again, probably superceded.

The SW4 bottle is a good find I'd venture that's the same bottle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
white43
Community Member


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 127
Location: Dorset, England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Blade walker

How tall in cm is your gin bottle?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Blade Walker
Community Member


Joined: 10 Nov 2017
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD Connoisseur wrote:
Great spots, Blade Walker!

Yep, with the Hayman's bottle, I'm pretty certain it was one of the very last bottles on a shelf in the UK.


Thanks DVD Connoisseur. I'm hunting the last few bottles in my country too.

white43 wrote:
Oh that's annoying! I thought the old style bottle was looking a bit difficult to find!

The London Gin and Royal Dock are also the same style bottle - but again, probably superceded.

The SW4 bottle is a good find I'd venture that's the same bottle.

@Blade walker

How tall in cm is your gin bottle?




The only difference I see for them (London Gin, Royal Dock and Sloe Gin) is color of the cap, labels and fluid content Smile

During my search for the Old Tom Gin I found a 750ml version of it and now I can't be certain if the film used the 700ml or 750ml version of the bottle.
I believe the Rodnik's Absinthe only have the 700ml bottle and with it, we can match the one in the props photo.

I don't have the SW4 Gin with me now but I'll get one tomorrow.
What I have now is the La Fee NV Absinthe 700ml and its height is 277mm.
I hope this can help you get a rough scale of the bottle used in K's apartment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodnik's was an easy catch for me but I had to import the bottle of Abnormal (couldn't find anywhere in the UK that had any stock). Cost me around 40.00 including shipping (no taxes as EU). For a cheap substitute, Voss water may be a "close enough".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
white43
Community Member


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 127
Location: Dorset, England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Walker wrote:
DVD Connoisseur wrote:
Great spots, Blade Walker!

Yep, with the Hayman's bottle, I'm pretty certain it was one of the very last bottles on a shelf in the UK.


Thanks DVD Connoisseur. I'm hunting the last few bottles in my country too.

white43 wrote:
Oh that's annoying! I thought the old style bottle was looking a bit difficult to find!

The London Gin and Royal Dock are also the same style bottle - but again, probably superceded.

The SW4 bottle is a good find I'd venture that's the same bottle.

@Blade walker

How tall in cm is your gin bottle?




The only difference I see for them (London Gin, Royal Dock and Sloe Gin) is color of the cap, labels and fluid content Smile

During my search for the Old Tom Gin I found a 750ml version of it and now I can't be certain if the film used the 700ml or 750ml version of the bottle.
I believe the Rodnik's Absinthe only have the 700ml bottle and with it, we can match the one in the props photo.

I don't have the SW4 Gin with me now but I'll get one tomorrow.
What I have now is the La Fee NV Absinthe 700ml and its height is 277mm.
I hope this can help you get a rough scale of the bottle used in K's apartment.


Thanks mate.

277mm.....

My concern with the Genny 500ml is that the 'shoulders' aren't wide enough, they look bigger in the prop pic than the retail bottle on the web. In this case, I wondered if the 1500ml was the one used in the film.

However, in the pic showing all the bottles, the "1.7 23" bottle is about the same height as the 'O7'(Old Tom) which as you state is around 277ml. The 1500ml Genny is about 340mm high, so too tall.

The Genny 500ml is about 251mm high. I suppose it's conceivable that the Old Tom is a couple cm taller?

Have a look at the interactive gif here: https://vetroelite.com/it/i-nostri-prodotti/45-GENNY?lang=en

The bottle is identical except it doesn't seem wide enough?

I've scoured thousands of alcohol bottles and there's nothing like it. Even looked at perfume bottles, the Genny is the closest I can find. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white43 wrote:

My concern with the Genny 500ml is that the 'shoulders' aren't wide enough, they look bigger in the prop pic than the retail bottle on the web.

I've scoured thousands of alcohol bottles and there's nothing like it. Even looked at perfume bottles, the Genny is the closest I can find. Confused


Same here, it's such a close match. Starting to lose my marbles a bit looking at bottles (and cigarette tins, but that's a whole different story!).

Happy to pitch in if you pull the trigger and order a crate. They could be labelled slightly differently and would look great in the collection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Blade Walker
Community Member


Joined: 10 Nov 2017
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD Connoisseur wrote:
Rodnik's was an easy catch for me but I had to import the bottle of Abnormal (couldn't find anywhere in the UK that had any stock). Cost me around 40.00 including shipping (no taxes as EU). For a cheap substitute, Voss water may be a "close enough".


That's really great! I have to pay 88 buck per liter of hard liquor if I import them to Singapore Sad
If I ever visit US/UK/Europe and stay there for more than 48 hours I will bring back some of those hard to find liquor and only then liquor fee will be waived.

white43 wrote:
However, in the pic showing all the bottles, the "1.7 23" bottle is about the same height as the 'O7'(Old Tom) which as you state is around 277ml. The 1500ml Genny is about 340mm high, so too tall.

The Genny 500ml is about 251mm high. I suppose it's conceivable that the Old Tom is a couple cm taller?

Have a look at the interactive gif here: https://vetroelite.com/it/i-nostri-prodotti/45-GENNY?lang=en

The bottle is identical except it doesn't seem wide enough?

I've scoured thousands of alcohol bottles and there's nothing like it. Even looked at perfume bottles, the Genny is the closest I can find. Confused


I believe the Old Tom is a bit taller too and you are right about the 500ml Genny bottle not being as wide as the props picture.

Does Vetroelite have some kind of special 700ml, 750ml and 1 liter version for brewers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Prime586



Joined: 31 Dec 2016
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.I believe I have found the holster that formed the base for the one used for K's blaster.
Just like Deckarf's holster, it was originally made by Safariland, specifically their Model 1090 Gun Quick holster:
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2012/7/5/safariland-1090-gun-quick-shoulder-holster/


http://www.superpremium.com.tw/upload/20120301142605.jpg

The 'Gun Quick' name was trademarked by it's designer John Bianchi in 1993 and the design was patented in 1995 by Safariland:
https://www.google.co.uk/patents/US5622297?dq=holster+inassignee:%22safariland%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMsYSgorDXAhVGthQKHVKrDnQ4ChDoAQhnMAk
It looks like it was available from around since the mid to late 90s at least - the oldest catalogue I've managed to find online is 2006 and it's in there. The big problem is that it looks like it was discontinued in 2016 (the last year it appears in Safariland's catalogue was 2015, though it was still in the 2016 price list).

The main modifications appear to be the swapping of lthe leather parts of the shoulder strap for synthetic material (as there's no leather in 2049). The side plates are separate pieces that are adjustable for different pistols, so they may have been replaced with custom-made plates to fit the blaster.

It looks like the silver sprung loop on the rear of the holster holds the gun in place under the the curved top of the backstrap and rolls up and over the slide as you draw it (pulling the gun down and forwards out of the holster), The spring loop can be seen in some shots of the film where K isn't wearing his coat but I can't see it in the pictures of the gun and holster from the WIRED article or SDCC displays. My guess is that it was getting hung up on the blaster when trying to draw it (as it doesn't have a smooth curved top on the grip backstrap) so an 'action' version of the holster may have been made without the spring loop.

Now I just need to id what material they have used to replace the leather strap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
white43
Community Member


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 127
Location: Dorset, England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD Connoisseur wrote:
Rodnik's was an easy catch for me but I had to import the bottle of Abnormal (couldn't find anywhere in the UK that had any stock). Cost me around 40.00 including shipping (no taxes as EU). For a cheap substitute, Voss water may be a "close enough".


Did you get it from Amazon? I notice it works out around 40 there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
white43
Community Member


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 127
Location: Dorset, England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Walker wrote:
DVD Connoisseur wrote:
Rodnik's was an easy catch for me but I had to import the bottle of Abnormal (couldn't find anywhere in the UK that had any stock). Cost me around 40.00 including shipping (no taxes as EU). For a cheap substitute, Voss water may be a "close enough".


That's really great! I have to pay 88 buck per liter of hard liquor if I import them to Singapore Sad
If I ever visit US/UK/Europe and stay there for more than 48 hours I will bring back some of those hard to find liquor and only then liquor fee will be waived.

white43 wrote:
However, in the pic showing all the bottles, the "1.7 23" bottle is about the same height as the 'O7'(Old Tom) which as you state is around 277ml. The 1500ml Genny is about 340mm high, so too tall.

The Genny 500ml is about 251mm high. I suppose it's conceivable that the Old Tom is a couple cm taller?

Have a look at the interactive gif here: https://vetroelite.com/it/i-nostri-prodotti/45-GENNY?lang=en

The bottle is identical except it doesn't seem wide enough?

I've scoured thousands of alcohol bottles and there's nothing like it. Even looked at perfume bottles, the Genny is the closest I can find. Confused


I believe the Old Tom is a bit taller too and you are right about the 500ml Genny bottle not being as wide as the props picture.

Does Vetroelite have some kind of special 700ml, 750ml and 1 liter version for brewers?


The only sizes the Genny are in are 500ml and 1500ml!!! Annoying!

Old Tom is proving almost impossible to find, so I may go with SW4 - it has a black top and is readilly available. Which makes me wonder - if Old Tom was redesigned in 2013, it's not likely they used it?? SW4 may have been the one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008KIC9DK/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I21WFMRT2FXDFX&colid=2GX3FCG17KFDX
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white43 wrote:
Old Tom is proving almost impossible to find, so I may go with SW4 - it has a black top and is readilly available. Which makes me wonder - if Old Tom was redesigned in 2013, it's not likely they used it?? SW4 may have been the one.


Whilst the UK bottle was updated in 2013, the BR2049 style one is still available for sale in the US.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
BR12819
Community Member


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 168
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting up that holster Prime586! I hope someone finds the correct neoprene I haven't found anything close in my search so far.
_________________
full tilt boogie baby

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
white43
Community Member


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 127
Location: Dorset, England

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD Connoisseur wrote:
white43 wrote:
Old Tom is proving almost impossible to find, so I may go with SW4 - it has a black top and is readilly available. Which makes me wonder - if Old Tom was redesigned in 2013, it's not likely they used it?? SW4 may have been the one.


Whilst the UK bottle was updated in 2013, the BR2049 style one is still available for sale in the US.


But expensive to import. With both bottles being identical, it's impossible to know which one was used. It could have been the SW4. Given that filming took place in Eastern Europe and the bottles appear to be of European origin, my inclination is the SW4. Plus it's easier to get and has a black top.

So - if you're in North America, try Old Tom

If you're in Europe - the SW4 Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
joberg
Community Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 8788

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it seems that the holster is indeed the model (or base) used in the movie.
Good one Prime586
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
white43
Community Member


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 127
Location: Dorset, England

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: GLASS IN QUESTION Reply with quote

Blade Walker wrote:







https://www.comixasylum.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/TRI-01083rs.jpg

Hi Replicant 13, checkout this image.
I think the glass might be Luigi Bormioli Strauss, maybe 8 ounce?
Look at the middle bottom of the image, that's the 07 bottle Very Happy


It's not the Luigi Bormioli Strauss - you notice it's got either a square or circular smaller base at the bottom of the glass?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Blade Walker
Community Member


Joined: 10 Nov 2017
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: GLASS IN QUESTION Reply with quote

Alright, as promised. Here are some pictures for comparison between the NV Absinthe and SW4 Gin.
The Voss water does look similar to Abnormal Vodka, thanks DVD Connoisseur. Great find.




white43 wrote:
It's not the Luigi Bormioli Strauss - you notice it's got either a square or circular smaller base at the bottom of the glass?


Ah, you're right white43. Since I don't have any Cinemark Theater at Singapore looks like its back to the search again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
white43
Community Member


Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 127
Location: Dorset, England

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow- that looks all kinds of awesome buddy!!!

So SW4 same size as NV?


Quote:
Ah, you're right white43. Since I don't have any Cinemark Theater at Singapore looks like its back to the search again.


Ok - check this out.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign

Problems Registering Contact: help@propsummit.com