FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Cheap Ebay Trench versus Magnoli???? Plus Blazer

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Cheap Ebay Trench versus Magnoli???? Plus Blazer Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on the trench and a buddy wants to put a costume together. Looking at pics I can not tell the difference between the cheap Ebay $110 dollar trench and Magnoli's $500 trench.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-Runner-Rick-Deckard-Trench-Coat-Costume-COS-Tailored-/252674224180?hash=item3ad48eb034:g:kVkAAOSwDk5T~v2i

Vs.

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/deckard-trenchcoat-overcoats-p-286.html

I'm sure someone can explain and I assume Magnoli's is much better but any help would be great.

Also does anyone know if "Rachael" is gonna be making them again as the new film is coming out?

Thank

Last edited by jameth on Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also curious about Magnoli's Bronze Blazer. Looks like the pattern is similar but the material is not. Is it the pics???

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/deckard-jacket-blazers-p-231.html

Anyone gotten one?

Thanks
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the difference from a professional tailor who makes custom clothes, to a company that makes costumes for cosplay kids. As far as details, Magnoli does a lot of research on the RPF and gets plenty of reference material, but he can make small mistakes. His stuff is often the stuff that the Cosplay people copy to make their stuff. His patterns, but not so much the quality of material. His stuff is top notch.

Andy
Bucky Cat
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting one of Magnoli's trench coats since he released them. I've gotten several items from him and everything is top notch.

Looking at his work vs. the cosplay listed here, the cosplay one does seem to have copied his patterns. I'm guessing but it looks like it to me.

What stands out to me is despite the same "lines", Magnoli's trench seems more "human" vs. the cosplay trench seems like a machine cranked it out. I had to laugh at that one.

Ted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: