FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
How did Leon escape Tyrell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talyn
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: How did Leon escape Tyrell? Reply with quote

Maybe this is something obvious I missed in the dialog, but after Leon shoots Holden, how the hell does he escape from the Tyrell pyramid without getting killed?
Artificial Owl
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: How did Leon escape Tyrell? Reply with quote

Talyn wrote:
Maybe this is something obvious I missed in the dialog, but after Leon shoots Holden, how the hell does he escape from the Tyrell pyramid without getting killed?

That's a good question. If Holden was the only other person around that was armed, I guess Leon wouldn't have had much trouble escaping.

We're never shown any security force at Tyrell corp. We don't see much of anyone anywhere inside, for that matter. Other than Taffy's bar, all the interiors we see are practically abandoned.

That's one of the oddities of the film--the packed streets vs the empty buildings.
BR12819
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we know that there are electrical fields that act as security perimeters, and when listening to the overhead PA system you can hear an announcement of "B1 security alert. Standby for ID check." So there is some form of internal security network. I would suspect Leon got out before any alarm was raised. Perhaps using his knowledge of the waste disposal network to aid in his escape.

Also in one of the deleted scenes when Roy and JF go to visit Tyrell I think there was some sort of automated checkpoint that would probably drop you off at a guard post if you didn't present the correct identification. Or, possibly just fry you right there.

rickhoward
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on fry on the spot.
marcuslaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no one heard the shots, he might have just simply walked out of the VK room, got dressed, and headed out like it was any other "word day". Remember, he was presumably disguised as an employee of the Tyrell Corp. in the Level 9 replication center. Or, the more likely scenario is that he simply blended in with hysteria that ensued after the shots rang out and quickly left the building. There's any # of scenarios but I think it's important to remember that he was disguised as an employee at the time and could have easily left the pyramid as long as he wasn't seen by others pulling the trigger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: