FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blaster Dimensions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jf
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my scratch built blaster inches towards more completeness...still lacking a suitable revolver, but i have faith something will turn up. I've cut the UTG receiver down and roughly squared up it's sides (it was perfectly cylindrical to begin with). Then I plugged the ejection port, which was far too big, with some 1" galvanized pipe and cut a more Steyr-like ejection port. I had thought the great big port would look cool but it looked crappy compared to the original .223 port. I'm now taking a little material off the rear cap, which is a tad pointier than the Steyr's, and beginning to shape the "muzzle".
I'm nearly done with the clay models for the grips, but I'm having trouble sourcing large, flat expanses of diamond pattern without screw holes to copy...I think I remember reading Rich had the same problem. I'm waiting on some resin casts I took from the UTG stock to cure now; we'll see if they solve that problem...
Also in the pics you can see the quick release lever I took from an old bike seat post; I'm hoping to convert it to a cocking lever, of course...yeah, a little too muich time on my hands...

BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! Are you planning to make it close to the worldcon or your own design? How will you deal with the hole at the back of the reciever?

Are you planning to cast the grips in clear orange resin or create them opaque?

beast
jf
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly I haven't decided on the final look, though so far I'm leaning towards world-con. as to the hole at the back, the hero prop has an allen head bolt there, which is exactly what this receiver has, it was just recessed. I'll probably add a spacer and get the head of the bolt to sit out of the rear like the original...i'm definitely hoping to duplicate the orange grips in my resin casting, but I'd like to experiment if I have any left. I saw some pics of a Hartford once that had very yellow grips, which I thought looked cool with a matte black gun, and I would also like to try my hand at fake tortoise shell marbling...
I'm looking forward to learning engraving for the receiver markings. I plan to combine some of the various cool text from the existing guns. It will definitely say PKD somewhere, as well as Made Off-World I think, and I'd like to fit some of the original stuff somewhere as well, like a modified Steyr logo or Remington perhaps. More pics when I have them...thanks for the encouragement beast!
pulseriflefan
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe get one of these cheap Edison Giacatoli pop guns from Kapowwe like here :

These are making at least "BANG" when you press the trigger

And you can shot beer cans at 10 feet LOL
MsGeek
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of doing some modding again, this time an airsoft. The result will definitely not look like the Hero Gun from the movie but it will at least look like it belongs in 2019. You get the idea that Blade Runners can basically pick their own weapon, since they are an elite squad within their respective police department.

This looked really cool to me even without modding.
http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftGunPistolSpringOWKX011503B.html

However, I suspect some judicious modding would make this full of awesome. Also the trigger guard is big enough to introduce a second (non-functional) trigger.
jf
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: scratchbuilding an airsoft blaster, still.... Reply with quote

Well hello again fellow nutters, I'm finally back at this project. After buying the sniper rifle last year and prepping it for a blaster conversion, I spent several months learning that you just can't buy a cheap gas revolver. So last week I broke down and spent a little money on some guy's used HFC Combat Magnum (thanks Jim!), a gas airsoft revolver. Yes, it doesn't have very much in common with the Bulldog, but so be it. Should arrive in the post in the next day or 2; i'll get some pics and detail my deranged plan soon, like it or not!
How's everyone else's build? Stefan, I gather your real steel LP gun is done by now, no?

-jf
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: