FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Inporting into Australia question:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Inporting into Australia question: Reply with quote

Question for those of us living and importing models into Australia: dummy ammo, does customs stop dummy ammo?? Is real unloaded dummy ammo bad (like I ship to most) or can you or do you need to get a permit for it?

Or is cast plastic or pewter ammo allowed??

I have a friend wanting to import a couple of models and am asking about the fake ammo.

Thanks.

Rich
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it is in the USA, each state has different rules. In some States its easy enough to obtain real rounds (inert) with a hole drilled into them from your friendly gun store but in others its totally forbidden.

Because the dummy rounds are solid lumps of metal, pewter or aluminium, they certainly don't pose a threat and because of this, even in the states where it is illegal to own even a single part of a firearm (even a genuine magazine) it will probably be fine.

That said, one of the biggest risks is the overzealous Customs Officer who takes his job far too seriously because that is where you stand a good chance of loosing the import. Also, if a gun-part or replica that is allowed in your particular state comes in through a port in a state where those things are banned, your item can be bundled into a furnace without you ever seeing it. Its an odd thing because sometimes your package will come in and its been mauled by Customs and sometimes it will come through and you will see that the envelope hasn't even been opened - as has happened when I have acquired a few things from you.

The way to do this is for anyone wanting to import your ammo to go to their local police station and complete the necessary paperwork or get a written assurance that the dummy ammo won't be seized.
The onus is on the importer and its simple enough to arrange for the paperwork to clear the import...

racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..so here is more:

I asked him to tell what state he is in:

"I'm in Queensland so replicas are ok to have here. Permit from Weapons Licencing in order. The only iffy part is customs. I'll call them again but usually get young people on the phone....no help.
So I guess if you've previously gotten models into Australia before it can be done. Some amazing looking props Rich. Just a work of art. Are you sure you don't have an old one that slipped down the back of the couch..

I'll continue to enquire with customs hopefully it'll wk"

Any info on his state??

Thanks again for all help.

Rich
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easier to get things into QLD so at least that's a plus mate. What he says about customs is correct though (as I said above) so its never 100% guaranteed because it can come down to a single horrible individual and that could mean loosing it.

It appears he has the correct process already in play if he has import permits. If he goes to his local police they will also be able to assist but I do stress, its not a guarantee. I'm 90% sure it will be fine and if you're both happy to work with those odds (and he is happy that you can't be held accountable - because its 100% his risk) then let him secure the paperwork and you can ship the pieces..

Good luck
MARK

racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And again many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: