FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
You probly saw it on Firefly...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: You probly saw it on Firefly... Reply with quote

but it was around way back when.....the "Mare's laig"cause it "kicked at both legs"
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly gotta say that I'm not much of a Firefly fan.

I may have it all wrong but I do recall that back when the studio's were talking about canceling ANGEL, Joss came out and said that he would move it to another station before he would let it end...I seem to recall it was a promise he made to the fans and then...*WHAM*...Joss get's the chance to turn Firefly into a movie so he wrapped up ANGEL too quickly and left actors like James Marsters scrambling to try to get a fan based support movement going.

I've watched all of Firefly and seen Serenity and still don't know what the little bit of up-roar was about.
Buffy and ANGEL came first and I feel like Joss let alot of people down for a flash-in-the-pan attempt at Sci-Fi, not to mention the fact that "Western's in Space" is about as old a concept as they come.
He's gone back to writing the new "Season 8" Comic for Buffy though so...at least he has realized where his bread and butter are.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilco is producing a solid resin version that's a little more accurate to the firefly version.

And I remember reading that Angel was cancelled by the network because it's ratings were in the toilet, and the star, David Boreanez, had not intended to renew his contract. He was ready to make a go at feature films, and failed, so he returned to TV with BONES (which is a pretty darn good show)

I thought you didn't watch TV OB??

Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched TV since Buffy and Angel went off the air...

I watched all of firefly and Serenity on disc.

What the HELL is HEX? Confused
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/120/index.jsp

Hex is sort of a gothic british version of buffy.

I mean sort of because outside of the basic concept it's nothing like Buffy.

And in an attempt to stay on topic:

I've wanted a mares laig replica since even before I wanted a BR blaster replica! I'll probably pick up the wilco resin some time soon. I'll be sure to post a review of it here!
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a nice wood and metal version around Noeland I've seen it on ebay.I think it was selling for $250 or so,I'll see if I can get a picture....Yes the QMx pistol is the movie version with a different magazine,it would be cool if they made a series version clip that could fit over it ....Duh I just remembered the color pic IS of the prop that I saw on ebay the store that sells it is even on the picture,Unique Canes&Replicas /update it is $299 +$9.00 shipping and still available,I've also seen an even cooler cap firing version which must be from Japan but is way more expensive....the cartridge type caps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Non Blade Runner Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: