FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Mad Max...FURY ROAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Mad Max...FURY ROAD Reply with quote

Woke up this morning, off to a good start already, to the first trailer for the new Max and I have to say it was an emotional moment. Staggered at what George Miller has done here just
on two and a half minutes of footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! I'm all in on this one. Cool
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I`m reading online, many people are getting so rapped up in details of the past they are in danger of missing the grandeur of Millers new vision.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people will not be able to see Max played by anybody other than Mel Gibson. I understand this, as he became an icon because of Mad Max and Road Warrior created it's own genre that spawned many, many imitators back in the day.

And, Gibson was supposed to make this film.

While part of me would loved to have seen an older grizzled Mad Max, another part of me could not care less about Mel Gibson and is very interested in what Miller has created here with a new, very capable, actor in the role.

So I'm keeping an open mind, and I'm ready for some dusty mayhem.

The trailer looks amazing. Shocked Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Tim I'll be all over that movie!! I don't care if Miller has chosen another actor to play the iconic role. As you said, I'm more interested in seeing his vision of the story, the character and the world he has created in the process. And man, this trailer rocks big time Cool
TM
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like an awful lot of CGI car crashes, more like Michael Bey than George Miller. I mean, they are nice and all, but a bit much. And I don't see much of the humor that was in Mad Max II. But it's only a trailer.

Tony
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a low budget 80s film with high budget FX slapped onto it.
Don't understand why all the cars and the bikes look like the ones from original series - would have preferred if there was more design in all the vehicles.

Tom Hardy is a good actor for a supporting part but Jury is out if he is indeed a lead - especially in a genre film where you need that Pop factor (Willis, DowneyJr., Harrison Ford etc).

Tom Hardy was pretty horrible in that Spy vs Spy movie with Captain Kirk and Reece Witherspoon. Faded into the background/costume in Batman too.

Feel like this will be another unesscasary unwanted reboot much like Robocop and Predatorzzzz. Some film where just good for their era and can't be resurrected.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a 13 year old secreted away in the boot of my brothers car to see the original, I was only 13 and couldn't really comprehend it but totally got it,
I shared the same fears as most others about the new project, especially without Mel but within a few frames of seeing the new trailer, the fears were sand blasted away.

It looks risky, raw, uncompromising, unapologetic and completely out of control. Kinda like how Miller and Co did it in the old days..........

TM wrote:
Seems like an awful lot of CGI car crashes, more like Michael Bey than George Miller. I mean, they are nice and all, but a bit much. And I don't see much of the humor that was in Mad Max II. But it's only a trailer.

Tony

The vehicle stunts are all real, apart from a select few as seen in the sand storm scene. If you see something smash into something else, it actually happened.
As for CGI, it seems it was a four letter word on location and used only where necessary.

This scene believe it or not contains no CGI........

Miller has assembled as productive and creative a crew as the originals here and pulled off things in the desert that have never been done before apparently,
according to crew member tweets. Been following this for a long time at madmaxmovies.com, all new information generates from there.

To more important things, props.

A couple of items I don't have to track down for a potential collection are Max`s shooter and his boots. I`m cool with the idea of Max using a Glock.
It may be just something he picks up in the chase. Either way this replica was for a The Fugitive project but now might get a desert make over.

A new Quicktime trailer came out with much better detail and I`m 100% sure Max is wearing the original Rossiter boots at the start of the movie and
for whatever reason changes into the more military look later. Luckily, got those covered as well.

SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the trailer actually !
(and that face mask with real teeth added on it, really creepy effect, LOVE it)

Looks like Max is back !

Cool

Fred

PS : looking at the trailer I suddenly realized how much the Mad Max universe owes to Philippe Druillet's LA NUIT book... BTW did you know that originally George Miller wanted to title his first film Heavy Metal instead of Mad Max ?

Shocked

Last edited by SKIN JOB 66 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Fred, I didn't know that. The influence that flows from that era of creativity is astounding. Here`s something that might interest you.

http://www.jumpcut.fr/fury-road-nouvelle-photo-et-storyboard

Dr Miller has stated that dialog as at a minimum on Fury Road, as a result he had the whole thing story boarded. the whole thing. Hopefully they will all become available at some point.

Immortal Joe....Hugh Keays-Byrne (Toecutter...Mad Max)

Just guessing but there`s a good chance this guy might steal the show, I`m sure George Miller gave him the best lines.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Tim, yeah, would be great if that storyboard was published Cool
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim for the link and the photo !!!

I guess you're right, that guy might steal the show, or at least the scenes he's involved in...
He even has a "je ne sais quoi" of an early McQuarrie version of Darth Vader... (an über straight Vader !)

Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another character from the film. Could there be a recurring theme here?
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/biogmz0cuaat9ij.jpg
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwood wrote:

Definitely VERY Druillet !

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie looks promising, but can I say that I get a bit drained by Charlize Theron? I used to like her, but for some reason I think she gets more screen time than she deserves now, and her characters are starting to be repetitive. She was one of my main issues with Prometheus. It might be overly recognizable actor syndrome, where you have a hard time getting into the unique world of the film because you recognize the actor from so many other films.

Andy
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It might be overly recognizable actor syndrome, where you have a hard time getting into the unique world of the film because you recognize the actor from so many other films.

Yeah, like Aeon Flux.. Laughing
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stills, sets and props look very low budget and not very creative. It really looks like they found all the old stuff rom the eighties and just filmed it with better cameras and lenses. The almost pristine condition off the shelf Glock just looks…odd - especially in Max's hand - it's just weird not to see him with a shotgun.

Why does he step on the lizard in the trailer? Max did not seem like a cruel person especially to small helpless animals.

It's details like this that have me worried.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The stills, sets and props look very low budget and not very creative.

Quote:

Really? I was thinking very creative (within the genre, of course.) If you didn't like the earlier installments of MM, could it be that is what's influencing your judgement here? Give me some examples of what you were expecting. Confused
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
Bwood wrote:

Definitely VERY Druillet !

Brilliant.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hirohawa wrote:
The stills, sets and props look very low budget and not very creative. It really looks like they found all the old stuff rom the eighties and just filmed it with better cameras and lenses. The almost pristine condition off the shelf Glock just looks…odd - especially in Max's hand - it's just weird not to see him with a shotgun.

Why does he step on the lizard in the trailer? Max did not seem like a cruel person especially to small helpless animals.

There`s two reasons that Miller used the style of vehicle he did, the first based in art, the second in reality. Firstly they look KICKARSE, have designs that welcome modification and provide a bridge to the past. The second reason based on reality is that in the event of worldwide nuclear devastation any vehicles made after 1985 or abouts would all be rendered permanently useless. Who wants to see a bunch of Priuses running around the desert anyway?

It makes total sense that Max carries a Glock, this is 2015 Max not 1985 Max, the events in the movie take place in OUR future. The Glock is the most used firearm by police around the world today and is also the most seen in film and TV production. Besides, the Victorian Police Force use them and the MFP were loosely based on them. If you look beyond the trailer.......you will find that Max indeed brandishes the old double blaster once more. If you want even more old school Max, he even steps up to the plate with the Bolt Cutters again.

Ahhh..... the lizard. In the five minute trailer shown at Comic Com, Max is taking a leak which attracts the attention of the mutant two headed lizard, got sharp living alone in the desert has Max and he stomps and eats the lizard. Welcome to a new world. If this is indeed the opening to the film, sheer genius from Miller.

The "low budget" and "not creative" stuff, I really cant comment on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: