FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Property Master for 2049 taking Tomenosuke credit!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Property Master for 2049 taking Tomenosuke credit!? Reply with quote

Wow, this is a crazy story here! What do you think guys?
My heart and appreciation go out to all involved in the development and creation of the awesome Tomenosuke Blaster. You deserve all credit for 2049.

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/237784788/
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a whole (LONG) thread about it on the Propsummit FB page. I think that it comes down to an editing mis-step in the VICE piece.

Adam Savage will be releasing a video after the film comes out with a discussion with the prop master about blasters. I think that may provide some answers.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, and long discussion on the RPF also...seems to me that it's a case of "Crass vs. Class" Confused
Skull Droid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been waiting for this. Adam Savage with the 2049 blasters and the prop master. Still no mention of Tomenosuke from him. https://youtu.be/FqdsYn9TdWQ
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skull Droid wrote:
Been waiting for this. Adam Savage with the 2049 blasters and the prop master. Still no mention of Tomenosuke from him. https://youtu.be/FqdsYn9TdWQ

Hmmmmmmm.
Talyn
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again "we built them from scratch..." no backstepping here at all.

Last edited by Talyn on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talyn wrote:
Once again "we built them form scratch..." no backstepping here at all.

Indeed. Although this was shot quite some time ago.
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skull Droid wrote:

Thanks Skull Droid!
Why no acknowledgment to Tomenosuke for their amazing work?
Why say he built a Hero Blaster from “scratch”? I call bullshit!
Why use genuine real parts to make a Hero replica and not show it off in this video? Bullshit!
Is painted rubber more impressive than the real deal?
I don’t see any beauty or connection in the look and evolution of the new blaster. It looks thrown together and very awkward.
Hopefully the film itself will make up for all the misleading information given by the prop master!?
Skull Droid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogrotesque1 wrote:
Skull Droid wrote:

Thanks Skull Droid!
Why use genuine real parts to make a Hero replica and not show it off in this video? Bullshit!
I don’t see any beauty or connection in the look and evolution of the new blaster. It looks thrown together and very awkward.
Hopefully the film itself will make up for all the misleading information given by the prop master!?

Yeah, I think he is full of shit too. Why go to all the trouble that he says they did when they had the Tomenosukes to use anyway. Could a prop dept. be so out of touch not to be aware of all the replicas out there and begin with references photos of the original prop to build from scratch? Dan sure as hell did NOT let them take his apart...

Also, I don't like K's blaster at all compared to Deckard's original. Feels like a throw away concept idea rather than an evolution. Glad the movie is (apparently) otherwise, awesome!
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skull Droid wrote:
ogrotesque1 wrote:
Skull Droid wrote:

Thanks Skull Droid!

Yeah, I think he is full of shit too. Why go to all the trouble that he says they did when they had the Tomenosukes to use anyway. Could a prop dept. be so out of touch not to be aware of all the replicas out there and begin with references photos of the original prop to build from scratch? Dan sure as hell did NOT let them take his apart...

Also, I don't like K's blaster at all compared to Deckard's original. Feels like a throw away concept idea rather than an evolution. Glad the movie is (apparently) otherwise, awesome!

I totally agree with you whole heartedly on all points Droid.
I haven’t seen nor wish to hear any spoilers from the new film, but I have this reoccurring gut feeling that Officer K ends up tossing that ugly ass piece of shit and is given the opportunity to go with “Old Faithful”, the good ol’ Hero Blaster for the 3rd final act of the film!? I’m not certain, but something just tells me that that’s what ends up going down in the end. If it ain’t broke, grab that beautiful badass bitch and start cleaning replicant house! I’m excited as all Hell to find out if I’m on to something with this later on this evening....and in fu€k!ng IMAX baby!!
Enjoy everyone,
Damion
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and Denis Villeneuve is no help either: at the press conference in Berlin (if I'm not mistaken), one of the journalist asked him if they had used Tome for the gun (he was saying that in the new StarWars TFA, fan-made R2 units were used during production...J.J. Abraham said: why spend time building a few units when you have the Astromech group doing a good job at it already?)

By the look on D. Villeneuve face and his answer, I knew that he didn't know who Tome was or if their props were used for the film Confused
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, here... Anyone know anything about Hollywood unions?(would it be IATSE?) I wonder if there is something there that would be an issue if he acknowledged that the prop was designed/built by a "non-union" member?
Phil_Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a snub. Not cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: