FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Buying a Resin/plastic Blaster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Buying a Resin/plastic Blaster Reply with quote

I was going to post a WTB in the sales section, but decided instead to gauge the availability and general consensus on buying an Off-World M2019C. How widespread are these things, and what should I pay for one?
I've seen a couple of reviews and such stating that they are not of the highest standard, so I was thinking maybe two hundred USD would be reasonable. I'm also considering getting one due to the build material being mostly plastic and therefore having a higher chance of passing through Australian customs (Which is pretty damn strict).
So what would your opinions on getting an Off-World be? I'm not all that stressed about the size, in fact I like the slimness more for some strange reason, but I was just wondering if it'd be worth the 200-250 dollar price point and what else I might be able to get for around that.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi....
Australian Customs will allow these to pass through no problem, provided you have your police B709A permit. Contact your local Police Firearms Branch and ask for a B709A permit. You will need to fill out a form (if they use Forms) or send them an email outlining what and why you want it and provide other information the Police ask you to submit.
I don't know much about the Off-world replica blasters, so maybe someone else could answer your questions about their price and availability.
I take it that the amount you said is in US dollars, US$200 - US$250.
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'd never have thought I'd have to get a permit. I'll try and apply for one soon. Are there any restrictions that are outlined? Could they still be taken to conventions or showings? 200-250 US is around what I'd be willing to pay for one considering the build material on top of shipping, and I'm still not sure if that'd be considered reasonable now that the Off-World eBay shop has no blasters in stock.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taffrail wrote:
Oh, I'd never have thought I'd have to get a permit. I'll try and apply for one soon. Are there any restrictions that are outlined? Could they still be taken to conventions or showings? 200-250 US is around what I'd be willing to pay for one considering the build material on top of shipping, and I'm still not sure if that'd be considered reasonable now that the Off-World eBay shop has no blasters in stock.

A B709A permit to import a replica pistol is issued by the Police in your State, if they approve it. Technically, you only need to get a B709A if you are importing from overseas or the item is passing through Australian Customs & Border Security via an airport.
If you are lucky, the item may go through Customs unnoticed. If Customs intercept it, they will usually hold it and contact you to submit a B709A permit. Contact customs and/or your local Police for more info, if you are importing one from overseas.
Maybe you can buy one from an Aussie seller instead of importing, hence would be easier for you.

Conventions or Showings...?
I doubt it. In Australia, you can't carry a pistol or replica pistol in public, unless you have a special licence to do so. Replica pistols probably can be concealed and brought to a show I guess. Sounds pretty risky though. Why bother?...Check with your Police about this if you are really keen to do such a thing.
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, I suppose I should invest more time and effort into this :/
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taffrail wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I suppose I should invest more time and effort into this :/

Yep, that would be strongly suggested. Also, to add to what cratercritter said, you should also be aware that even with the correct documentation, your blaster could be stopped. I'm not sure which state you're located in but its important to know that even if your state is tolerant of this kind of thing (for example WA), if your blaster is shipped through a port in a State where its totally banned, it can be seized and destroyed.

It doesn't happen often but speaking from personal experience with a resin blaster that was bright blue (with a pink barrel plug) the authorities in NSW felt that it looked too much like a Taser (which is ludicrous because a blue and pink blade runner blaster looks nothing like one). Although the paperwork was in order it was seized and destroyed.

I have also had a Tomenosuke seized which was more of a blow but that shipment became a victim of other issues that - had time allowed - might have resulted in a happier end to the story. The other thing that should be appreciated is that it also depends on the individual doing the screening because - some send the blaster through and others get their pee in a froth. Although a Tomenosuke was stopped before, I have had full steel blasters come straight through (and also another Tomenosuke) without even the slightest glitch so its far from impossible

Good luck..
MARK

Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I've got more time and money to invest into all of this, I might try getting a B709A so I can import a full-metal Tomenosuke or similar, but for now, I'm just thinking of building my own Smile
I'm sorry to hear that you've had blasters destroyed in the past, I really wouldn't want to risk that. To be honest, I 3D printed one from MyMiniFactory (you know the one), but it failed, and I was thinking I could mod what I've got to look like something like a mix between the 2049 blaster and 2019 blaster, maybe a bit of a slim snubnose-looking design or something.
I could get one imported into WA, does anybody know what kind of restrictions (if any) they have on importing replica firearms? I don't want to do anything illegal...
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taffrail wrote:
When I've got more time and money to invest into all of this, I might try getting a B709A so I can import a full-metal Tomenosuke or similar, but for now, I'm just thinking of building my own Smile
I'm sorry to hear that you've had blasters destroyed in the past, I really wouldn't want to risk that. To be honest, I 3D printed one from MyMiniFactory (you know the one), but it failed, and I was thinking I could mod what I've got to look like something like a mix between the 2049 blaster and 2019 blaster, maybe a bit of a slim snubnose-looking design or something.
I could get one imported into WA, does anybody know what kind of restrictions (if any) they have on importing replica firearms? I don't want to do anything illegal...

Hi there...
To WA?.... Read the posts above , particularly Staar's post regarding WA.
Also, as I mentioned in my earlier post, contact Customs and the Police Firearms Branch about this. Tell them what you want to do and they will point you in the right direction. They have information on their websites as well, but I find it easier to email them and phone them directly for information.
I have imported about 8 replica rifles and about 14 pistols in the past 20 years into South Australia, and I have not had any lost or destroyed without my consent. All got through to me from overseas, except one. When I was in Queensland 10 years ago, the Police would only issue the B709A to me for an Offworld Blaster if I had a Gunsmith provide a certificate and modify it. So, I had a choice I guess...so I told Customs to ditch it...didn't want it anymore. So that is only one gun chucked away out of about 22 replica guns that I imported. I almost always apply for a B709A import permit for a replica gun or at least make some enquiries with my local Police before I import or before buying the item. The offworld blaster I told customs to ditch, was my fault for not getting a B709A permit before importing. That was a lesson for me. Gun Laws and Regulations on this vary from State to State. The Customs Laws however are Federal laws and are generally uniform throughout Australia.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an excellent 3D printed version of the blaster available at therpf.com in The Junkyard.

This could work for you as it is a kit and comes in parts which are far more likely to get through Customs without fuss than something that has the shape of a pistol.
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean RGriesBeck's kits? They look really good, but I wanted to find one that had a functional cylinder release. I could try modding one maybe?
I was thinking an easier alternative would probably be to get a fully plastic or resin kit. Does anybody have any info on one of those? All the kits I've seen so far have been full metal, I haven't heard much about non-metal stuff Smile
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats the one.

I dont think Ive ever seen a resin one with a cylinder release anywhere.
This is the place to find out though.
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Off World blaster is the closest I'd get to what I'd like (functional resin/plastic blaster that'd have a high chance of getting through customs), but the metal components would probably lead to some complications. I'm not that crazy about getting a firearms license and filing a B709A, so I'm getting the feeling that ordering RGB's 3D printed blaster (and modding it) or buying an Off World from someone in Australia would be the best solution.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taffrail wrote:
I think the Off World blaster is the closest I'd get to what I'd like (functional resin/plastic blaster that'd have a high chance of getting through customs), but the metal components would probably lead to some complications. I'm not that crazy about getting a firearms license and filing a B709A, so I'm getting the feeling that ordering RGB's 3D printed blaster (and modding it) or buying an Off World from someone in Australia would be the best solution.

You do not need a firearms licence to import a replica gun into Australia.
You usually need a B709A permit. The B709A only lasts for one to three months depending on what expiry date or time length the Police choose for it at the time of issue. If it expires, just get them to send you a new one with a new expiry date. The B709A issued is only for the particular item(s) listed by the Police officer, shown on the permit.
Depends which State of Australia you live in, the B709A for a Blade Runner pistol replica is easy to get, provided you do not have a criminal record.
You tried getting a B709A yet ? for a replica pistol or gun?
Maybe you could place a 'want to buy' advert in the Selling/Buying section of Forums (e.g. prefer Aussie seller) for an Offworld Blaster or similar.
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I messaged Off-World through eBay, and he said that he had one available for sale if I had the necessary documents, so that might be the easiest way for me to go. I thought on the B709A slip it required a firearms license ID, so I just assumed that I'd need to get one. I live in Victoria, so the laws might be stricter? Also, if I do get a B709A, would I have to pay a fee? I heard somewhere that it was 200 dollars or something.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In South Australia, a B709A permit application is processed for free and there are no fees.
In Queensland, the same...no charge.
Victoria...I don't know.
I am puzzled as to why you are asking these particular questions on this Forum (which is OK I guess), when they are best answered by the Firearms Division - Police in Victoria.
What...do you have a problem with speaking or writing to the Police?
They are the people who know the current laws and can assist you and they are the ones who actually issue the permits & relevant licences.
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I guess I expect a quicker response tailored to the specific blaster rather than the (pretty) general and slow response I might get from Victorian police.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taffrail wrote:
I don't know, I guess I expect a quicker response tailored to the specific blaster rather than the (pretty) general and slow response I might get from Victorian police.

You are going to get a response nevertheless and it will be the answer you need, especially if you are getting the item from overseas.
Also... when you apply for a B709A, it is not a general application. It is specific for the item you wish to import, hence get specific details for say the Offworld blaster you want and any further information the Police request you to submit. not general or unspecific at all.
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for the help. I'll contact Off-World manufacturing for the specific model info, and make a post once I've got my blaster Smile
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,
there is a rick ross, or a recast of it, I don't know about that, on ebay, in Australia, isn't that a good option for you?
https://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/Blade-Runner-Blaster-Full-size-resin-Kit-Deckard-gun-pistol-kit-wit-instructions/112636821353?hash=item1a39ad7f69:g:NQsAAOSws8NZ4Gdg
Taffrail
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at that but wanted something that had a functional cylinder release. I'm pretty sure that doesn't, however, it looks pretty nice. For the price they're asking, I think that I'd rather a RGriesbeck 3d print being about 60 dollars less expensive. I thought that recasts were kind of frowned upon anyway :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: