FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
2049 wooden horse...am I dreaming of electric sheep?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jinxed
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: 2049 wooden horse...am I dreaming of electric sheep? Reply with quote

So I just watched 2049 for the 5th time. Trying to take it all in before it's "blackout" waiting on blu-ray.

Anyway, I noticed something. When K takes the wooden horse to Doc Badger, there is a brief still when he sets it on the scanner. In that split second it was looking down on the head, and I swear it looks like there was a round spot right between the ears that looked like a piece had been broken off. Like maybe a horn?

Wishful thinking? Light headed from paying for IMAX 5 times? Easter egg?

Regardless, I think it would have been a neat tie-in, and would seem appropriate for one of Deckard's early attempts at his new hobby probably inspired by Gaff.
Artificial Owl
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: 2049 wooden horse...am I dreaming of electric sheep? Reply with quote

jinxed wrote:
So I just watched 2049 for the 5th time. Trying to take it all in before it's "blackout" waiting on blu-ray.

Anyway, I noticed something. When K takes the wooden horse to Doc Badger, there is a brief still when he sets it on the scanner. In that split second it was looking down on the head, and I swear it looks like there was a round spot right between the ears that looked like a piece had been broken off. Like maybe a horn?

Wishful thinking? Light headed from paying for IMAX 5 times? Easter egg?

Regardless, I think it would have been a neat tie-in, and would seem appropriate for one of Deckard's early attempts at his new hobby probably inspired by Gaff.

I noticed that, as well, and I think it was mentioned in another topic here, too. It's a nice little nod to the fans, if it's intentional.

I got an email that the NECA reproduction of the horse I ordered has shipped. It'll be interesting to see what their version of it looks like.
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure is. I got mine yesterday.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a Unicorn Wink It's more than a wink, it's a recurring dream of Replicants it seems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: