FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
WTB M2019 receivers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronin677

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: WTB M2019 receivers Reply with quote

Hi all,

So I'm still fairly new to building a M2019 but I've noticed that several people upgrade their Steyr receivers to metal ones occasionally.

Just wondered how often those old receivers get sold on. If anyone knows of one or has one they would be willing to sell could you let me know.

many thanks

Jon
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming by "M2019" you are talking about the Offworld model 2019. They came with with two receivers to two different guns. The center Charter Arms Bulldog .38 receiver (not a .44 like the others) which is plastic, and really only replaceable very easily, since not too many people make them except for the real ones and ones made for the all metal models of the guns by Richard Coyle, and Sidkit. The other receiver is the external Steyr receiver which is already metal on the Offworld, just painted black. They made two versions of it though, with one with the Offworld marking replacing the Steyr, and "Made in China" instead if "Made in Austria" on it. The second version more closely followed the original gun. not sure if this helps at all.

Andy
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on the M2019 name...

Quote:
M2019: Refers to at least 4 different versions of the guns replicas.
First it was used as part of the name for the Japanese “Hartford” versions (may still have been a reference to the “2019 Detective Special” by “RAC Props”).
The second, and third versions to use the name are the “Monsters in Motion” (or “MiM”) resin versions. They are a combination of casts from a real “Charter Arms Bulldog” .38 special and the Hartford grips and their version of the “Steyr” clip and receiver. They did both a complex kit with all the gun parts cast, and a simple kit with fewer parts and no trigger, hammer, and cylinder function. It was sold primarily through “Monsters in Motion”.
The fourth third version is the “Offworld Mfg.” “B.R.U. Special Issue Model 2019”. A Part die cast and ABS plastic version that seems to be somewhat based after the earlier “MiM” Resin kits. It was not cast from those parts but copied to be tooled for injection molding. Also called just the “Offworld”.

From the BR blaster FAQ here... http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=1378
ronin677

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise there were so many versions. Thanks for the heads up. I'm basically making a blaster from scratch so it won't be screen accurate. I am using a snub nose revolver frame as the base buying ramdom bits here and there. I was contemplating having the receiver 3d printed but its one part of the blaster that I would really like to be metal. How difficult is the task of getting a metal one in reality?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some metal kits available, but they sell for close to a grand now days. The real gun sells for several times that. The lest expensive would be the Offworld upgrade kit, that sells between $100, and $200.

Andy
ronin677

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys
ronin677

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
There are some metal kits available, but they sell for close to a grand now days. The real gun sells for several times that. The lest expensive would be the Offworld upgrade kit, that sells between $100, and $200.

Andy

Just had a quick 30 minute search and turned up nothing. Where would I find these Off-World kits? I am thinking this is probably a stupid question but I'm drawing blanks on my searches
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They show up on ebay now and then. Sometimes regularly.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: