FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
VK Machine Mini TFT Screens

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voodoofx
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: VK Machine Mini TFT Screens Reply with quote

Has anyone found a mini LCD or TFT screen conversion for the 3 main monitors ? Also has an members made a CGI or VIDEO boot up for the animation? I have found a few possible set ups but would love to have some input if anyone has already made the upgrade. Thanks Randy
LearnByMaking
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you are looking at various screens and are testing some from Adafruit. What are the sizes that you are looking for? I ask only because there is disagreement on the actual dimensions of the machine and that directly effects the screen sizes. Personally, I am using screens with 4:3 aspect ratio and for the 2 small screens I'm using 2.5" diagonal and for the larger screen 5" diagonal. Another area to consider is what type of interface you would prefer to work with (such as SPI, UART, Component Video, HDMI, etc.)
8th_Passenger
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really offer any advice on screens. I've been taking most of my cues from LBM's build for the smaller screens.

But the sizes of the screens really sets the size of everything else. Before Christmas I bought a second hand mini TV/radio which was described on the box as a 4.5".

But when it arrived the diagonal was actually 5". Which is too big for the machine I want to make. Also the component video inputs didn't work correctly. I was able to send it back but I should have asked more questions up front. I guess 35 year old technology is going to be problematic.

With the LCD panels there doesn't seen to be one in the size I want for the larger screen. Its either 5" or 3.'5" and smaller.

I've noticed that there is a viewing angle on some of the LCD monitors and I'm not quite sure what that means. If it has a 6 O'clock viewing angle does that mean its best viewed when lying flat!?

So until I find a solution to the screen sizes I want I can't start making.

Colin

Ash: Micro changes in air density.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: