FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
THE GATHERING!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: THE GATHERING! Reply with quote

A calling for ALL COLLECTORS and ENTHUSIASTS!
Hallo guys, Happy New Year! This is Vincent from Milano, Italia... I'm new here, but I love this site: it's incredibly interesting and your passion and skills impress me every time. I'm starting a very important project for me, I've got a very little time and I need your help...I'm talking about an indy self-producted movie project: an homage to Philip K. Dick, Ridley Scott and Gabriele Salvatores* basically. I'm a young director and actor and I work as photographer in my studio. I'm even an original props and movie people's personal items collector, but unfortunately I've never had the occasion to catch BR original stuff...But a 1980 BR script by Fancher...In my project all replica BR props, wardrobe and set dressing items'd be welcome. I could try to collect them of course (and I'll do for sure in the very next future!), but, as you know (!), this operation'd take a lot of time and money and this could kill my little production. Unfortunately here I can't find people that can support me with BR items. With a lot of difficulties, finally I've obtained very rare props used in the sci-fi movie Nirvana and I'm waiting an answer for his help from Victor Togliani, a very important italian designer and prop master. Maybe I'm living in a fantasy world or I've got hallucinations...But I want to believe...I ask to all men of good will: could you trust me and borrow me your cool pieces or build anything for the purpose? Right now I don't know how this could be done by the logistics point of view, but I'm open to all suggestions. All costs (shipping and insurance, for example) would be at my expense of course...Money, locations, computer graphics, enthusiast people...Problems, problems, problems...Something, in a strange way, remember me the adventure narrated by Paul Sammon...That's Cinema! All of you will give their contribution will appear in MAIN title (none little lines at the end, when nobody reads...) as PROP MASTERS, GRAPHIC DESIGNERS or SFX MASTERS. You will be members of the crew, no dubts. I can't promise you anything in this moment, but if more money come out, it will be my pleasure to pay you back for your help: it's an honour matter. The main point in this titanic effort is that SOMEONE you know very well could watch OUR movie soon...ROY BATTY...Yes, RUTGER HAUER in person! I'm not joking: this is an amazing opportunity! I want to do all my best to achieve a great result! Is collecting merely a kind of masturbation or could be a collective creativity source?!? So amish, spinner44.com, Anson James, IGNITERS, Noeland, andy, racprops, morpheus13, Once-bitten, sethb6025, BeastMaster, eltee, darkknight0667, MsGeek, photek, ridleyville, Jedirick, Whitefall, oldzey, Planta, etc...I hope to hear you very soon!
Sorry for my English...
Best regards!

* Gabriele Salvatores: Italian director (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0759368/). Mediterraneo (1991), won Oscar.
moogybaby
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit like a Nigerian 419 Scam to me. Very Happy
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi moogybaby!

UH, my post does not start very well. But that's no surprise...

I'm serious...TERRRRIBLY!
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vincent,

While many of us support and love fan projects, what you are asking takes a lot of trust. Many of us have invested large sums of money into our collections, and to send any part of it off blindly for the most part is a huge leap of faith.

While I applaud your efforts at helping to create an independant piece, I cannot however lend you any of my collection.

I wish you luck in your project.

Tom
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta second what Amish said...sounds like an interesting project however.
You should hang around and get to know people a bit.
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

many thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it!

I understand what you mean, of course, and I know what I'm asking you...
I think however that someone could have more pieces of the same thing or produce props by himself and could be well-disposed to collaborate.

If anyone could find and want to suggest a formula to give more assurance and guarantee the safety of the pieces, please, tell me!

I'm looking even someone loves to create CGA and want to challenge himself for movies quality.

THANKS AGAIN, TOM!

Vincent
Planta
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciao Vincent, sono un compaesano, complimenti per le scelte e il coraggio in generale. in Italia poi... cmq guarda, dubito che qui qualcuno potrà mai mandarti qualche suo pezzo raro o pregiato, anche pagando. sarebbe come chiedergli di prestarti i figli. ora non so esattamente quali props tu stia cercando, ma secondo me potresti procurarti qualcuna delle perfette copie che si possono trovare in vendita, contando sul fatto che nessuno potrebbe mai accorgersi della differenza, già è difficile dal vero, figuriamoci.
io purtroppo non sono nel discorso props, non ho assolutamente niente del genere e non mi interessa granchè, quindi neanch'io posso aiutarti. mi dispiace. cmq considera il mio suggerimento, anche perchè rischi di piantarti e non riuscire ad andare oltre. cmq, per curiosità, che props cercavi?

[translating and summing up for the guys]

hi Vincent, i think nobody would ever ship or lend you any of their rare props. i think you better look around for some of those perfect copies you can find on sale. no one would catch any difference from the real props, when filmed. anyway, good luck Wink
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Once-bitten!

Thanks! You're right, I should do it...And I'll do!
But, in this particular moment, time runs and money goes!
A video production requires a huge effort for every details: finding right locations, a good crew, techs, actors, obtaing licenses, etc...

We've got 9 weeks and 1/2 (!!!) to make it, compliting the post-production...and hoping Rutger could watch it. I prefer not to postpone or loose this chance!
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao!

Ti avevo inserito nella lista dell'appello perchè avevo notato che eri Italiano! Comiciavo a disperare, vedevo quante volte veniva visto il topic, 10, 20, 40 e non vedevo risposte...La prima poi è stata pesante.
Guarda, sinceramente la cosa è più facile di quello che sembra.
Provo a spiegarmi.
Anche io colleziono props, ma solo originali, cioè quelli che arrivano direttamente dal set od oggetti personali di attori e registi, e ti assicuro che questi sì che hanno un valore, per un semplice fatto: sono unici!

Ora, sapendo questo, non chiedo di certo un pezzo originale, ammesso che qualcuno degli iscritti ne abbia, ma solo repliche!
Anche perchè come dicevi tu, e ne so qualcosa, la differenza in video non si vedrebbe neanche a piangere!!!
Poi mi pare ci sia gente che li produce in proprio, quindi non parliamo neanche di un tizio che per anni si è messo via i soldi per potersi comprare qualcosa...
Mi sembra che ci siano, e sono molto onesto nel dirlo, dei grandi talenti creativi e manuali in questo sito!
Davvero, E' IMPRESSIONANTE!
Io ne ho viste cose...

Ci sono dei tipi in gamba, non c'è che dire, ma sarei un pò deluso se questa loro passione fosse solo una mania ossessiva e non contemplasse la possibilità di usare questi oggetti per lo scopo per cui sono stati creati e per la ragione stessa per cui loro li amano tanto: il Cinema!

E' un controsenso enorme, non trovi?

Non sono uno che frequenta questi siti, ma mi ha colpito e se ho tirato in piedi sta cosa, non è perchè voglio andare in giro a fregare qualcuno o ad elemosinare qualcosa, ma perchè speravo magari nell'esaltazione di qualcuno. Speravo che magari qualcuno si sarebbe sentito eccitato e gratificato nel vedere le sue creature PRENDERE VITA!

La possibilità che Hauer veda il risultato, se finisco entro i primi di Marzo, non è campata in aria. Dopo non saprei e sarebbe un peccato rischiare questa occasione.
Se vedo che la cosa parte troppo lenta, allora mi cercherò e comprerò tutto il materiale per conto mio, anche se ci dovessi mettere dei mesi e fare un'ulteriore investimento.
L'operazione costa sui 20.000 euro, ma spero di abbattere i costi con amici e gente entusiasta. Questo tanto per darti un'idea di quali costi sono previsti, OLTRE ai props che chiedo qui...
E' tutto autoprodotto, cioè non c'è nessuno che mi dà un centesimo e non me ne rientreranno nemmeno dopo...Fai tu!

Cosa cerco? Difficile fare un elenco, comunque, in generale e in ordine sparso: la roba personale di Deckard, le foto di Rachel, di Lion e quelle sul pianoforte nell'appartamento di Deckard, roba della Tyrell (ho visto alcune cose inventate da juno88 che sono spettacolari!), ombrelli, modellini della città o dei veicoi, le piastrelle dell'appartamento di Deckard, i fiammiferi, tarcghe, il Vidphon, Il Voight-Kampft e alcune cose da personalizzare.

Come puoi immaginare lo sforzo dietro è titanico e forse ci sarebbe da riflettere su quanto sia effettivamente difficile realizzare un film.

Hai visto NIRVANA? Da noi lo hanno stroncato ed invece io ho ammirato l'enorme coraggio di Salvatores e lo sforzo produttivo!
Sono riuscito a salvare alcuni props dalla distruzione, come la piccola pistola che Jimmy usa per farsi di marijuana liquida.
Sto aspettando che Victor Togliani, che ha curato il design sci-fi del film, mi dia risposta riguardo ad un suo possibile interessamento.

Di dove sei? Abiti in Italia adesso?

Scusa lo sfogo, ma mi sa che è difficile comunicare certe cose se non si parla la stessa lingua...

Non ce la farò mai a tradurre sta roba...

Credo tu sia membro da un bel pò e se hai modo di aiutarmi con "loro", mi faresti veramente un favore.
Non mi è ancora venuto in mente un modo per far star tranquillo chi eventualmente mi prestasse il materiale che sarà trattato come una reliquia e restituito. Se ti viene in mente qualcosa...

Buon Anno!
Spero si sentirti presto!

* EXPLAINED TO Planta, IN ITALIAN, WHAT I NEED FOR MY PROJECT. *
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more than happy to send you high resolution stills, or video of my blasters. I also have footage of them used in our fan film, and you are welcome to use that footage as well.

amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this thread here, Kevin has posted some pictures that could possibly help.

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=518&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Also, you might want to contact Siderio who i believe is also in Italy. He has created some Blade Runner props and might be able to help you out, or point you in a good direction. http://www.sidkit.com/

Best of luck!

Tom
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Noeland!

Thanks a lot for your offer!
It's sounds very cool and they could be very useful!

Which kind of tech support do you use to make your film? MiniDV, HD?

Please, let me know how we could arrange for video, footage and stills!

Great! This is the spirit I'm looking for...

Thanks! Wink
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, TOM!

Kevin posted amazing pics!!!
VERY GENEROUS, someone doesn't chase money at any cost... Very Happy

Thanks for infos!

Best regards,

Vincent
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with your project Vincent. It would be more practical to build some things. Having helped with some small productions before I know money is almost non-existent and your best bet is to build some props good enough for the camera, but not to the point of replicas. Plus, with transit time from the US being two weeks or more it would be quicker for you to make some original things.
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sethb6025!

There are too many details I've to control and prepare...I can do simple things, but I fear I can't start to test my high modelling skills now...

Thanks for good wishes!

Vincent
Planta
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Resch wrote:
...non chiedo di certo un pezzo originale [...] ma solo repliche!

ah scusa, avevo capito che cercavi pezzi originali. secondo me ti conviene ribadire e magari ripetere e scrivere in maiuscolo che cerchi solo repliche, perchè in un post così lungo può essere sfuggito a qualcuno. cmq sì, ho visto Nirvana anni fa, mi piacque abbastanza, nonostante la piattezza del recitato di Lambert. un mio caro amico è un grande fan di Nirvana e me ne parla sempre, dovrò farmelo prestare per rispolverarlo. e cmq... grande Sergio Rubini!

[translate and sum up]

you probably better repeat and underline that you're looking for REPLICAS, not original items. your first post is a bit long, and many could be missing that part Wink best luck|
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Planta suggests me my first post is a bit long and it's better I repeat that

I'm looking for R E P L I C A S only not original props or wardrobe!

I know very well that original props have big value, I'd not ask anything like that, of course...

I'm a collector too and I guarantee all items'd be handled as relics.

Even ORIGINAL STUFF in BR STYLE and CG are absolutely welcome!

I think there are very creative talented guys with fantastic skills that "patronize" this site and make props and I'd be a little bit disappointed if their big liking for BR doesn't include the chance to use props, set dressing, etc. for the exact purpose they were created for: CINEMA!

It's a huge nonsense, isn't it?

I don't want to dupe anyone or to beg anything, simply I hope someone gets thrilled about a movie project and someone gets exited to see his creatures get live!!!

All the best!

Vincent
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll volunteer acting, make-up/FX and costume if you'll fly me to Italy!

You can check out some of my make-up creds here:

http://nopeek.tripod.com/bitten/id10.html
Phil Resch
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Once-bitten,

if I find a sponsor, no problem!

I just see your make-up works: WOW, GREAT!
Just an Hobby?!

My preferred is Edgar Allan Poe!
He reminds me even Peter Sellers, in some way... Wink
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe is a preference of mine as well...I performed my one-man show:
"An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe" more than two hundred times and was slated to take it to the Edinburgh Theatre Festival in Scotland...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: