FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Interest: Alien (1979) Nostromo Motion Tracker Parts Kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djblingbling1
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Interest: Alien (1979) Nostromo Motion Tracker Parts Kit Reply with quote

In my search for parts to build my own Motion Tracker from Alien, I have modeled a large amount of the hard to find parts. I only made parts that could be easily sanded to NOT look printed, and were plastic parts on the original prop. I also have or am working on printed guides to help those that want parts evenly spaced, opposed to the cobbled together prop from the film. I figured I would gauge interest as I can re label and organize everything if others wanted to follow a similar route. Here is what files would be included as of right now:

- Slider Knobs
- Round Knobs
- x4 Fine slotted grills
- x4 smooth cover plates for knob holes
- 4 variations of the mystery greeblie, as well as the part on its own for those that want it uneven (more screen accurate)

There will also be guides for most of the Knobs, with holes to use as a marker for pilot holes for things like the key, or the lights.

What you will still need to source a few parts, but all the little things are taken care of. If there is enough demand I can model some of the other parts, but for now I tried to stick to the things that when finished wont LOOK printed.

I could likely offer a printing service as well on a small basis as I only have one printer, and there is around 12+ hours of printing here.

I will update with photos shortly as I am about to glue some more of the grills on mine!

Also im looking at a very low price point for these files...normally I hate to charge for that sort of thing, but the amount of research and testing I have done on this so far is beyond my usual stuff!

Here are a few photos, but I will get better ones as I go on or as interest if any, grows.

bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested. PM on the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: