FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
• CALLING MR. PAUL M. SAMMON . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: • CALLING MR. PAUL M. SAMMON . . . Reply with quote

THE DIRECT APPROACH
Months ago I started another thread, in hopes of determining more details about the two photo props featured in Blade Runner, that of Mr. & Mrs. Deckard and more importantly, the one of Tyrell's niece with her mom (subbing as a young Rachael and Mrs. Rosen). Hoping for answers from someone "in the know", no response has been forthcoming.

Buried in that thread, I inquired with Mr. Sammon, author of the Blade Runner bible, FUTURE NOIR, in hopes that he might hold that knowledge, somewhere in his copious notes.

I know from my research efforts that the image of mother and daughter was actually a video, inserted within a freeze frame of Deckard's hand holding the photo.

Beyond that,
where was it shot? Warner backlot? The now-lost Laramie set?

And who were the actresses involved? Extras? Staff family?

So, I ask directly - "Mr. Paul M. Sammon, as time permits, please, would you be so kind as to respond."

In advance, I thank you! - Replicant 13
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know, he might answer Wink
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: CHASING RACHEL Reply with quote

THE MYSTERIOUS MRS. ROSEN . . .
Well. It's been about 3 years since I started this thread in a search for the identity of the actress behind Rachel's (Sarah Rosen's) mom, with no revealing responses.

So today, reading through the recent updated release of Sammon's FUTURE NOIR at lunch, I ran across an entry regarding the identity of the actor who portrayed "Abdul Ben-Hassan" (or The Egyptian) - the character that Deckard sought out to determine who purchased the snake. After an exhaustive search prior to NOIR's original release, Sammon had bee unable to determine who played that uncredited role.

As he now reveals, in 2007 the Associate Producer of "BR: The Final Cut" found a complete list of all of the actors while researching in the legal department at Warner. That actor turned out to be Ben Astar.

While it's doubtful, that the answer to MY question will be resolved in this new edition of FUTURE NOIR, I mjustr assume that on this list IS the actress that played that static role of Rachel's supposed mom in the photo she hands to Deckard as proof of her humanity.

Now I know this is a REALLY obscure detail and borders on obsession (but then, aren't all here sharing that characteristic?), but this may well be the ONLY document that would reveal her identity and that of the young girl posing as Tyrell's niece, Sarah (aka young Rachel).

It's doubtfull that Mr. Sammon will see this, know the answer and then respond, but as before, only time will tell. However, it would be nice to tie up all of the lose ends by 2019.

I wonder if she appeared in any parts (no matter how small) in other productions, or is it a possibility she was just someone available on set who jumped into that role for that simple insertion.

HAB1! - R13
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice to get access to that complete list...but what are the odds?
As you said in your post, lots of options are possible if not highly probable.

I'm sure that actress was picked for her likeness to Rachael...as well as the child.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: