FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
1/1 Scale Voight Kampf replica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Wan
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is incredible! Really nice work.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee Dub was kind enough to post pics of my VK machine on BladeZone...check it out and enjoy Wink .

Thanks again Gary.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that. very cool Cool

Andy
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously cool, J.

Neil.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys for the positive feedback.
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg, offers are done... if you start from scratch, will be interested in the actual one! And new ones, updated, whatever!!! This prop is one of the Golden Top Ten from the movie, I guess!!!!

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joan...I wish I had the time, the space and the material to make a run of an accurate VK machine. Alas, I'm missing all of the ingredients to make it so. Maybe one day, one or many of our members will do a group build and come up with ways to reproduce (for an honest price) that prop; like the Blaster: one person will make the arm, another the main frame, etc...
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Thanks Joan...I wish I had the time, the space and the material to make a run of an accurate VK machine. Alas, I'm missing all of the ingredients to make it so. Maybe one day, one or many of our members will do a group build and come up with ways to reproduce (for an honest price) that prop; like the Blaster: one person will make the arm, another the main frame, etc...

FINGERS CROSSED!!!! Surprised
panaflex
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on a stunning piece of work. Well done, Bravo!
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

Location: In my office playing golf, pouring drinks, making deals.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Well, that's it...apart from the VK logo missing from the arm (which I'll be doing in a few days) it's done...and since there wasn't that much pics and details; I think it's not too bad lookin'.

[url]
[/url]
[url]
[/url]

Wow, I cannot believe I missed this one... THis is amazing work!!! I just watched this movie again last night... I love the viewer you made for it...

"Did you really destroy the ENTIRE shipment?"

www.alienthemovie.blogspot.com
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JTP for the high praise I know that my agenda is pretty full these days, but I'll revisit the VK in the future with a better prop coming out of the material I had the chance to gather over the last few months...stay tuned: same BR channel Wink
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple more pics of the real deal for you, joberg. Possibly these will help revive the VK project.

Cool
Combaticus
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad this got bumped so I could see it. Fantastic work! "Louie...give him one on the house."

As I read through, I thought that (if you're still doing anything with it, or working on a new model) you could use those little keychain photo picture frames for the small screens and load them up with appropriate images so you'd get a cool slide show effect. You might even do something like that for the big screen. (Heck, somebody around here probably knows how to run video from a little memory card to an LCD screen.)

Also, if memory serves, I saw on the RPF that someone is making vacuformed VK shells. Maybe.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photos show the smaller screen for the main monitor, so this is the the one often referred to as the 'second unit', the other had a larger monitor, fitted for the close ups and looking at the filmed sequence you can see the distinct cuts between the two models. The key ring frames are to small at 1.25", as the TV camera models were 3.5" , and they don't currently make a digital picture frame at 3.5" that can take video, you certainly could do a fast slide transition , but you would need some extremely tight and clear photos to use , I've already created a video that can be dumped to a suitable 8" digital movie frame . It's available to view here

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/vx_KCDGEXILDF9CI05mEAy_DTHq436H9lfkZJ-64uRk?feat=directlink

From that you can deduce , I am working on creating a 'full working' prototype which will have a real BP & Pulse Monitor and a real(toy) lie detector built in. It is the two smaller monotors that will cause me the most difficulty , in terms of accurate image displays for both ( the originals were screen display video loops from Aliens so I am told ) An inexpensive solution would be back lit lenticulars 'animated' with LED's , slightly more expensive are the digital photo frames , and the most costly would be a custom OLED screen with a SD card video feed. All the other effects are relatively easy to create , but are still costly as three servos and four controllers are needed together with a liner acctuator for the arm , a couple of animated LED displays complete the requirements .

Unlike others I will complete this and offer it as a fully built working prop or as a kit , it will not be available until the New Year,
Watch this space!!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bwood...I don't know where you got these pics but man! Shocked Shocked ...it kills me to see them (if you have more of those babies, don't be shy and post them all asap ). There's a few details that shows that that machine was more sophisticated than previously thought. Lots of details that I'll do on my next model Wink
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all I have momentarily. The friend who gave me these is planning a future article, (w/pics,) and when that becomes a reality, we will probably see all!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sooner the better... Wink
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , I'm going to try to use a fast transition 3.5" digital photo frame to emulate the displays on the two smaller Monitors , does anyone have any access to the original Aliens video feeds and who could provide good quality images or who could fabricate a sequence of photos that I can animate with fast transitions , I'd need a good few images to build a loop that would run at 24 frames , this is a challenge for anyone so I'm asking this as an open question - all help & ideas gratefully recieved

Last edited by propsjonnyb on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no one's been forthcoming , I though I'd try my hand a creating a couple .

Here's the links for the two monitor displays
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/Pn9zAQtmeWo4sK2NAQX3xpD_K1nhNxpwrI7ZcghIpZ8?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/W6XJwXcsP62kj4Mz8titXIfQis2mmUhiWlmr2-U4eBw?feat=directlink

and I think I've cracked the problem of running video on the 3.5" frames

watch this space !!

all comments wellcome
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking you should start a thread in the prop shop. I'm guessing there is serious interest in a VK machine but many menbers know this thread is only about a single member's machine that is not being reproduced. I think a info/interest thread here and in RPF would generate a lot of interest. Personally I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm dying for a VK machine.

I checked these out BTW and your footage looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

propsjonnyb wrote:
Since no one's been forthcoming , I though I'd try my hand a creating a couple .

Here's the links for the two monitor displays
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/Pn9zAQtmeWo4sK2NAQX3xpD_K1nhNxpwrI7ZcghIpZ8?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/W6XJwXcsP62kj4Mz8titXIfQis2mmUhiWlmr2-U4eBw?feat=directlink

and I think I've cracked the problem of running video on the 3.5" frames

watch this space !!

all comments wellcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: