FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR Whiskey Bottle Project...BOTTLE DIMENSIONS AND DETAILS.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachael
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While plastic would be cheaper, the thought of drinking good Whiskey out of a plastic bottle brings back unpleasant memories. Or am I the only one in the room who has those memories? I hope they belong to someone's neice.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I think the same bottle repdetect posted bears the "12 years" label which looks the same as the one on the BR bottle. Can anyone find a higher res image of this JW bottle? I think it's an italian import.

The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachael wrote:
While plastic would be cheaper, the thought of drinking good Whiskey out of a plastic bottle brings back unpleasant memories. Or am I the only one in the room who has those memories? I hope they belong to someone's neice.

Nope, I've had the misfortune of sampling whiskey out of a plastic bottle. I would give it a miss.

I guess it could also come down to two factors for some people. One is the desire to own a screen accurate glass bottle that can function as a decanter for your favorite liquor, the other is a replica in plastic filled with either liquor or colored water and never intended as a functional replica.

Personally, I would like the glass bottle, but in the end if facing a choice between plastic and nothing, I could live with plastic. Just wouldn't be the same tho.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here are the slight modifications I made based on observation:

The height modifications make it a little bit taller.

What I can then do is create a 3d model of my own and match/position it with high res screen grabs in the background to get the proportion issues even more accurate.

I can probably get a few myself but if anyone can point me out or even better, supply me with high res screen-shots of the best angles the bottle is seen from then I can get started on this asap.
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work Beastmaster !....and very good idea if you could compare your 3d bottle with the screen caps...anyone would have hi-res ones ?
Another two shots of the label :

http://propsummit.com/upload/207/jw2.jpg

http://propsummit.com/upload/207/jw3.jpg

I am agree with you concerning the glass bottle guys and girl, i would love to display that bottle and to use it to sip at my favorite whiskey like
that old good Deck Wink

Phil
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work guys!
I've got my tech guys working on modifications as we speak and should have some very exciting news shortly... Very Happy
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those are the excact labels! Looks like the 12 years old label was trimmed at the bottom on the BR bottle.

dam! we need to get our paws on that old bottle! unless OB's tech guys can work up some magic Wink
SSB
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - If those are the exact same labels, then knowing their size can help us determine more accurate measurements for the bottle.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work all around. I feel left out not having my internet connected yet. This is getting me excited though.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok not the shape I was expecting, but it's starting to make more sense when I look at all the references including the annie captures.

This is what I ended up with from my analysis:

The dip in the base could probably be a bit deeper. what do you guys think about the shape?
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone has been looking in the wrong places. Plastic bottles were fairly new but were not generally used for liquor.

That type of bottle looks more like a non-US product bottle such as soy sauce or olive oil.

I would suggest looking at products from Japan or Europe...assuming they havent changed styles.
Kevin
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was guessing an olive oil or vegetable oil bottle.

I hope they cleaned the bottle out thoroughly before filling it with all that lovely .... cold tea.

Sad
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes I made the same assumption on the other thread. I think japanese could be a big possibility. Though if andy truley did search every picture on the net tagged "bottle" then it's unlikely it doesn't exist on google.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work Beast...though being the Devils advocate I feel a need to point out:
We are going off of the picture of the bottle that Loyalizer posted in the other thread, the large one on the table in front of Rachael. I would love to see you do some drawings base on that photo...let me explain:

There's been a lot of discussion about whether or not the Bottle for the movie was a "found object" OR if it was made from a design that Ridley OK'd...I would STILL like to see that sketch by the way...people allude to it but nobody has posted it...ANYWAY...
Here is my guess...I believe the "Bottle" was BOTH a "found object" AND made for the movie.
Simply stated, we can clearly see that there are two sizes of bottles. We also KNOW that some plastic versions were made. We can tell that the large one is glass and to the best of my ability to recognize glass, I believe the only glass bottle in the movie is the one that showed up in Deckards apartment. I also believe that the other bottles, such as the one that Bryant pours out of, are the smaller plastic ones.
I have made a few assumptions here but now at least you all know the direction we are going and which bottle we are basing our design on.
This "assumption" on my part has cured the headache of at least one person I know...my sculpter. I handed over to him all the pictures of the bottle I could find and he has been hashing out the actual measurements with little success. Now that we KNOW the bottle was made in two sizes however, it has cleared up alot of stress and we can focus on the LARGER of the two as being the quintesential design or the glass "hero" bottle which I'm willing to bet is in Ridley's posession to this day.
I'm open to debate here but I think that focussing on one size and one picture is the way to go.
Opinions?
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
There's been a lot of discussion about whether or not the Bottle for the movie was a "found object" OR if it was made from a design that Ridley OK'd...

Art Shippee: "It was a store item we did not make it."

I have to say that whenever I have posted information from actual production sources it seems a fair amount of people still hold on to hearsay. I guess it makes them feel comfortable.

No worries though. The bottle is looking fantastic. I would really like to see it done up in glass.

-
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty clearly agreeing with you that it is a found item but if that is the ONLY interpretation you are willing to go with then how do you explain the plastic versions and the differing sizes? Confused
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an explanation yet. I plan to ask for more info from Art if he is willing to discuss. He is a man of few words as I assume he is busy. I try not to bother these people too much as I don't want to be a pest.

I'll see if I can dig up more info.

-
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I asked Art and posted an update in the first post of this thread: http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=605

-
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall here are the screencaps where the bottles appears...anyone could tell which ones are plastic or glass made ?...and wich bottle are we gonna work on as reference model ?

http://propsummit.com/upload/207/bjws.jpg

Thanks
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:

We are going off of the picture of the bottle that Loyalizer posted in the other thread, the large one on the table in front of Rachael. I would love to see you do some drawings base on that photo.

I took that photo of Rachael, and used the large bottle as a baseline for this sketch, in essence painting directly on top of it to match the shape and perspective. I call this version the 'Rachael'. As usual feel free to repost/share as needed.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: