FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
For you rich people, unused Hartford now on ebay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimm
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: For you rich people, unused Hartford now on ebay. Reply with quote

Hi, just thought id give a heads up for those of you lucky enough to be able to afford something like this.

Its NEW in box with all items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blade-Runner-Blaster-M2019-Airsoft-Prop-Gun-Replica-MIB_W0QQitemZ270190517433QQihZ017QQcategoryZ790QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck bidding on this beautiful but, according to me, ridiculously overpriced airsoft blaster.
Feuyaer
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting bid $999?
Hahaha! For that..that....toy?

It's unfortunate some sellers are so greedy Sad
grimm
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im far from an expert on these guns and replicas, but the airsoft gun retailed at 850ish when it was released i believe. This guy is definetly milking for more money though.

The replicas made by racprop is around the same price i think. No offense intended, but i dont see a justification for such prices, no matter how "screen accurate" they may be. Some other people have made replicas too, out of either plastics and/or metal for MUCH less. Is their time worth less or are they just being more realistic? Ill leave that open for anyone to have their own idea about.

Some think they are worth these prices, since they get bought, and i respect that. but i dont so i buy the cheaper stuff. Just my own humble opinion. Again no offense intended.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They actually retailed for about $550
grimm
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hirohawa wrote:
They actually retailed for about $550

Thanks for the correction!
MsGeek
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has to be the ugliest artist's misconception of the BR blaster I've ever seen. Ick. Also, carrying cases like that cost something like $15 at Fry's Electronics, and don't look ANYTHING like Deckard's Zero-Halliburton briefcase.

Yeah, it shoots airsoft pellets. BFD.

You'd have to pay me a grand to take that. I wouldn't give a cent for the POS thing. Barf.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big plus of the Hartford's is the fact that they are either Airsoft pellet firing, or cap firing. They are not rare, and over 1500 total have been sold (500 each of the first incarnations and at least 500 more based on the numbered butt plates). The chrome on them is also kind of cool if not totaly inaccurate.

The main reason they seem to have so much value here in the states is that Hartford refuses to sell outside of Japan. A few people have been able to get them, but the few that are selling on ebay seem to be from two companies that have ties in, or are located in Japan. Like any retailer, they are trying to at least double their money. I have heard that they also sold originally for under $300, but went up quickly because of demand and production costs. The first few also came with a stop watch. Not sure why.

Having a funtional replica is pretty cool, even if they are not totally accurate and even a little undersized. They are also from what I can tell the first production made BR gun replica, not the Offworld as they claim it.
tain669
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take three Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
grimm
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i was aparently WAY off on the airsoft original price. At $300 i wouldve considered buying it, but NEVER at current asking prices of it, and other replicas and props. It would be more fun making my own at the current price range from certain makers!

Rick's resin kits however, those i WILL get my hands on soon. Nice price and a nice gun. If i could track down a sidkit i might go for that too. Alot more reasonable price for me.
grimm
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Having a funtional replica is pretty cool, even if they are not totally accurate and even a little undersized. They are also from what I can tell the first production made BR gun replica, not the Offworld as they claim it.

Maybe they ment the first non firing replica? I dont know. Just an idea Smile
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing that Sid-Kit is going to be offering an up-dated version soon which should be well worth the wait...although it's a lot of fun to do your own up-grades if you can find a current Sid-Kit.
grimm
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would always be nice, i would like a full metal kit that is actually within my economical boundries!
Feuyaer
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my - I just went back and looked more closely at the images - what an ugly version this is!

Also, if you read the negative reviews against the seller, he responds with childish, baseless insults. Quite sad.

I wish we could give negative reviews to those we haven't bought from - this fellow would be getting quite a bad one from me.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the hartfords, personally.

I own 2 of the cap firing models, and we used them in our BR fan film to great effect. They're heavy, and the guts are mostly metal. The grip frame is metal, trigger guard, it's NOT a toy. It's a tough prop gun, and to hold it in your hand and fire it, it's very close to the real deal. And I've handled and fired Kovach's "firing" blasters, and this is the closest you're going to get commercially.

The pistol case isn't supposed to look like the haliburton, it's just a high impact pistol case with a hartford engraved plaque on it. But, it's a high end case, not a $15 case.

I know some of the collectors like to bash on hartford, but I love mine. It's not accurate, but even Coyle's turned out to be not accurate.

And that seller, Punchy Paintball, he's actually a nice guy.
bsgfan12
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like the Hartford too. It's heavy like a real gun without being obscenely so like Sidkits. The best part for me is that it fires. Those caps sound louder than a cap and less than blanks. It's got these great white sparks that shoot out of the barrel. Given the choice, I would rather have something that fires rather than one with digitized sounds and lights.

I would love a real firing version, but since that isn't happening, this is a nice second.
________
Mercedes-Benz W154

Last edited by bsgfan12 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
grimm
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsgfan12 wrote:
I would love a real firing version, but since that isn't happening, this is a nice second.

Actually, never say never.. Look what some business made with the (awfull) Judge Dredd film lawgiver. I much prefer the comics version. But none the less, its a working replica off the film version, and it looks very much like it too.

http://www.dlask.com/custom.htm
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a video of the hartford in action:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LaXCKk2xCY8
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hartford is a high quality reproduction. It has some fo the cleanest lines i have ever scene on a replica prop. It is not super accurate but I love mine the same way I love the Rick Ross PKD another high quality crafted version.

Hartford did a great job with their version of the blaster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: