FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
New Sidkits?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valorum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Where to find a good resin kit? Reply with quote

Hello all

I'm trying to figure out where i could find a Blade Runner PDK gun model kit to get for a friend as a long overdue birthday present. I found the one that Frontier models sells (here) , but i'm not sure that's a good quality kit...? Can you guys help me find a good resin kit? I see the Sidkit mentioned, but i cannot seem to find that online anywhere? My budget is around $120 or so max. I know this is not enough to get the metal replica kits. But can i get a nice resin model kit for that?

Thanks!
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really looks like a Rick Ross to me.
You should ring up Rick Ross, his kits are GREAT!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a Cool Models recast of Rick Ross's PKD-1 (as in Phillip K. Dick or Pflager Katsumata Series D). From what I have heard about the Cool models recasts is that they are full of bubbles and poorly matching seems. You can try to contact Rick under the Name Doppleganger01 and get an original for about $100. It all depends on his health though.

Be sure to check out Rick's fantasy armorer site http://pflagerkatsumata.com/

Andy
Valorum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
That is a Cool Models recast of Rick Ross's PKD-1 (as in Phillip K. Dick or Pflager Katsumata Series D). From what I have heard about the Cool models recasts is that they are full of bubbles and poorly matching seems. You can try to contact Rick under the Name Doppleganger01 and get an original for about $100. It all depends on his health though.

Be sure to check out Rick's fantasy armorer site http://pflagerkatsumata.com/

Andy
Thanks for the quick replies! I had found Rick's site, his stuff looks amazing! I could not figure out how to contact him. I'll send him a message here and hopefully i can get a response. If i cannot get in touch with him that way, or if he doesn't have one available, what would be my next best option? I found a place locally (Atlanta GA) that appears to sell a kit (see here) that seems to be the same kit as the one i linked in my previous post. Aside from that one, i cannot find any other kits except for a few that went on eBay for over $500! Sad
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like ANOTHER recast of Ricks stuff!
Rick is the only one I know of that put that little square with the Japanese Writing in it on the blaster,
and I believe that was one of his VERY EARLY pieces, like maybe his first?
I'm sure Andy or Noeland will jump in here and comment as I could be wrong...
You should hear from Rick soon, as Andy said...depending on his health.
You couldn't ask for a nicer guy or a better resin kit!

Yeah, the metal Blaster's seem to come into demand when the supply get's low of the good one's like Sidkits.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that is a simplified version of Rick's first kit the PKD-1. Some of the parts were molded together. The recast from Australia is based on Rick's PKD-2 1st version with the complex number of parts, He simplified it later to cast and assemble less parts, and then again made it more complicated to make special editions with metal parts and such.

He most recently made a 10th anniversary edition of the PKD-1 that didn't sell too much. So he may still have some more. I know he still checks the boards here once in a while, but if he doesn't chime in soon I will let he know we are talking about him Smile

Rick is truly a humble and talented artist. He is also a big fan of Blade Runner more than anything. I can say that his kits may actually look better than the movie gun. I hope you can get one from him.

Andy
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The appeal of Rick Ross' interpretation is that it's the blaster you thought you saw, all those years ago.

It's the blaster of the mind's eye. The same thing holds true for the Brad Nelson Phaser, for you Star Trek folks out there.
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:
The appeal of Rick Ross' interpretation is that it's the blaster you thought you saw, all those years ago.

It's the blaster of the mind's eye.

That's DEEP.

And I totally agree.
Valorum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick replied, and said he doesn't have any available unfortunately Sad He said he needs to make new molds, and hopes to get around to that in the next few months. So i can choose to wait another few months, or i can try to get one of those lesser kits i guess. I do not see any other options...?

BTW - Sorry for the threadjack, i just realized how i'm derailing it Embarassed
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:

It's the blaster of the mind's eye.

I must say i love that wording! And how true it is! It is the blaster of deep meditation and connecting to that blaster within. Once that deep connection has been made, all will be revealed...or simply just blasted away! Very Happy
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valorum wrote:
Rick replied, and said he doesn't have any available unfortunately Sad He said he needs to make new molds, and hopes to get around to that in the next few months. So i can choose to wait another few months, or i can try to get one of those lesser kits i guess. I do not see any other options...?

My advice . . . wait.

Rick does high quality work (and he's a real nice guy to boot). If you go with one of the lesser recasts, you'll spend so much of your time correcting flaws and filling holes that you'll probably be ready for finishing about the same time Rick has his new kits ready.
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkknight0667 wrote:
Valorum wrote:

My advice . . . wait.

Rick does high quality work (and he's a real nice guy to boot). If you go with one of the lesser recasts, you'll spend so much of your time correcting flaws and filling holes that you'll probably be ready for finishing about the same time Rick has his new kits ready.

QFT
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: