FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
What's the Story Behind the Offworld 2019?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSB
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: What's the Story Behind the Offworld 2019? Reply with quote

What's the story of the Offworld Model 2019?

Who decided to go to China & get a blaster mass-produced?

What did it cost?

How long did it take?

What happens now - no more 2019's after these last 130 repaints? Or a steady trickle? Or a revamped model with more metal, or what?

-Mike
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should ask these questions to the people selling that gun; to my knowledge, they're not registered members of this board. I've also been curious about it but seems to me that they have a steady trickle of pieces coming from China with no signs to improve it other than the "Hero" version they're re-painting and selling on eBay.

It's an ok replica but one thing that bothers me about it is that it's just way too small. I thought I'd be able to look past it but honestly I can't. If it was just the right size, I'd be happy with everything else about it (the cheap paintjob, the flimsy plastic parts, the overly orange grips, et-al)
Judge Minty
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise it wasn't the correct size.

Thanks svander, you just saved me wasting some cash.
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Minty wrote:
I didn't realise it wasn't the correct size.

Thanks svander, you just saved me wasting some cash.

It's based off a .38 special rather than the correct .44 bulldog so it's about 10% smaller I'd say. Not much but noticeably so, particularly in the grip. As it stands, it's a fun toy for sure, it just doesn't have that massive punch more accurately sized models have. I'd source a Sidkit if I were you. I'm waiting for his new one to come out but who knows what will happen on that end with all the turmoil going on now.
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be a ripoff of a ripoff...very typical!

Laughing
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's recast from various places. Mainly the hartford. The "steyr" portions, the upper sections, the mag and mag housing, sight rod, the side panels, and the battery/LED setup are all pure undeniable hartford.

The rest is probably Coyle. The trigger guard sure looks like a V3 coyle to me.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The charter arms parts are definitely original and are an exact reproduction of the CA .38 model. Interestingly the parts are interchangeable between the two.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Charter Arms builds all their revolvers on the same frames. 22lr, 38 special, 44 special, etc.

They only change the cylinders and barrels between calibers. I'm sure that saves them some production costs.

It also means you could build a hero gun on any caliber charter arms you wanted to.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland wrote:
Yeah, Charter Arms builds all their revolvers on the same frames. 22lr, 38 special, 44 special, etc.

They only change the cylinders and barrels between calibers. I'm sure that saves them some production costs.

It also means you could build a hero gun on any caliber charter arms you wanted to.

Noeland

The .38 charter frame is actually about a 1/4" shorter than the .44 frame. It would not be possible because the .38 cylinder is also much shorter than the .44 cylinder.

You are correct about the grip frame being the same size between all models though.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't "recast" off of anything, Mainly because it was machined completely, but it is almost an exact reproduction of the M2019 kit that Monsters in Motion sold a few years ago.

I have heard from some reports that it actually came before the Hartford, in which the Steyr parts are also Identical to in the plastic M2019 kit including the misspelling of "Steyr Mannlicher" to "Stayr Mennlichar" (or at least the switching of the 'E's and 'A's). The Offworld 's Steyr parts are now also changed from both of these guns to some degree and like Noeland said, the Charter Arms Bulldog parts appear to be the same size over all to a 44, and based off of a real gun not anybody's model that I can tell. I will try to photo some of them with scale to show the best I can in the next week or so. The grips by the way, are bigger than Rich Coyle's Early grips, Still a bit small though, but my hand does fit in, and around it okay.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: