FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Will you still by from this Recaster?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Will you still by from this Recaster? Reply with quote

Will you still buy from a confessed recaster that ripped me and perhaps others off for years??

Will you still support a liar and a cheater, as long as he cleans up his act and can not be proven to have recast off any of my parts???

Is a cheap model worth your honor?

I await your replies.

Rich
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

While I have no issue with you bringing up questions such as this, I only ask that you do it in the appropriate places. This forum is dedicated to discussing information about the WorldCon blaster and trying to unfold any additional information we can find. As well, Siderio is using this information to create a new blaster, and I hope you would find this information useful as well.

I believe Darkknight0667 already pointed out forum policies, so I will defer and not do that again.

You are welcome to post what you wish, just please do it in the appropriate venue. I am moving this one to the Buyer Feedback section since it has to do with purchase from Siderio as a seller.

Thanks!

Tom
Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought from Sid and will do so again.

F.Y.I. Sid's work is top of the line and sensibly priced.

If I were you I'd stop posting threads like this - you're beginning to sound a tad insane.
your credibility diminishes every time you call Sid a nasty name - you should probably quit while you still have some credibility left.

You've already said that if Sid paid you off with kits you would declare a truce and work with him - even though you've called him every name under the sun.

This animosity boils down to cold hard cash at the end of the day.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE HERE!!!
DITTO what Anson said.

And it's "BUY" by the way...
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not a fan of recasting, even though to a degree reaping profits off someone else's work (producers of the film) is not much different, it really comes down to economics in the end for a vast majority of people.

An example of this would be all of the Chinese crap we buy. It's at a low and affordable price. We'll turn our cheek to human rights violations and the tainted products we purchase from them to get it at a low price. While that is an extreme example and there are more factors that could be taken into consideration, it really is about affordability. And really with the current economy you (Rich) might want to consider offering a more affordable product.

I can't fault you for being upset, but just as any business would look at it - it is up to you to offer a better and more affordable product if you plan to sell more. Otherwise you will have to sell fewer and fewer of your product. The waning prop market doesn't help either.

Ranting at the situation only deafens the public. Hey, nobody likes a whiner, right? Create a better and more affordable mouse trap to snare your potential customers.

For what it's worth.

Smile
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree with the sentiments spinner44 posted.

Rich, I think you have a right to be angry, but I don't agree with the way you have been expressing that anger.

I think any of us would feel the same if someone recast us and then undercut us on price. It would make anyone angry.

Everyone knows Sid is a recaster. It's not a big secret. It's not just Rich, it's Tanio Koba, it's Posieden of Japan, and probably others I'm not familiar with.

Maybe it's the quality of his recasting, or the low prices, but obvioiusly he gets a pass. I must admit to bidding on a few of his auctions over the years myself.

Rich, I support you and the reasons you're angry, but I think you're letting your emotions get the best of you, and as has been pointed out, we are bootleggers and pirates all.

At this point, after reading all these posts and threads I am hopeful that Sid moves past recasting to create a full line of products of his own.

He clearly has the talent to do this.

I would buy from him only if he put the recasting in his past.
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue seems to fester every few months doesn’t it? What is interesting is the huge lash out by Rich who was for two minutes Sid's partner. A lot of warm fuzzy feelings seemed to be in the air and then suddenly they totally dissolve.

I agree 100% with spinner44.com as he goes to the root of the issue here, which is economic. This hobby is representative of the macro economic environment, businesses want to spend less and get the highest quality out of the item purchased. A vendor selling an item must refine their practices, look for cost saving approaches and maintain a competitive market edge through pricing to maintain demand.

I have said this before, Rich has not changed since his stint in the biz, but the world has changed, it is a world of other talented people in their garages producing great works as well as companies like MR. Everyone must be competitive, even Rich Coyle.

Rich is in a situation here, this is his life, this is his livelihood, he makes props so he can eat while most of us are talented hobbyists. Few people make selling replicas their livelihood and that is because it is hard to really make it, especially with props replicas because we are all infringing on someone else’s intellectual property.

Here is my real beef with the 'I make illegal prop replicas so I can live argument': I have several friends who are real artists, they work really hard and after years of pounding away at their craft from graphic design, photography to traditional art, they have finally started to be able to earn enough income to pay all of their bills. They do it through a lot of hard work; these people worked more long hours at being the best photographer, painter, designer possible that my week in an office looks like a lunch break. They put in more hours and spend a lot of time on R&D to refine their craft. There are no shortcuts in life and Rich's belly acheing is why I can not and will not give him sympathy, because he does not work hard enough and does not produce the very best an artist can produce. To give him that credit would be an insult to my friends who have spent years of 80+ hour weeks to make their dream happen.

Economics sucks, recasters suck but you need to focus on the things you can do something about; refine your craft, learn to do things faster, better and more efficient. You might have to outsource some work to old big red, you have to make that investment in order to really turn a profit and to stay competitive. As people start to look at their own finances your model becomes less attractive because of the price tag, so you need to be a businessman and find a way to reduce your costs, pass it on to the consumer while maintaining profitability. If you can not do that, I suggest that Rich become a part time replica guy and a full time employee at regular 8-5.

-Bryan
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the answer to the question is???

It is odd that with all this talk about what the issues involved are...the question remains unanswered.
Judge Minty
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Will you still by from this Recaster? Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
Will you still buy from a confessed recaster that ripped me and perhaps others off for years??

Will you still support a liar and a cheater, as long as he cleans up his act and can not be proven to have recast off any of my parts???

Is a cheap model worth your honor?

I await your replies.

Rich

Personally I won't knowingly buy from a recaster. Though I won't condemn those that do. It is tempting when the quality is high and the price low.

Also, I had a think about your comments on one of my posts where I said, I would think about buying from Siderio if he produced a blaster that was all his own work. Your response was that I shouldn't purchase from him because of his past recasting, which to be honest I partially agree with.

However, although I still agree with this, it occurred to me that you (Rich) were prepared to forgive and forget Siderio and deal with him, even though he would probably still be recasting other peoples work?
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Will you still by from this Recaster? Reply with quote

Your response was that I shouldn't purchase from him because of his past recasting, which to be honest I partially agree with.

However, although I still agree with this, it occurred to me that you (Rich) were prepared to forgive and forget Siderio and deal with him, even though he would probably still be recasting other peoples work?[/quote]

Good point.

First I was only offering forgiveness for my work.

Second, I am not sure about all the other models, I know personaly that a few were bought and made with permission, I was questing his "Great Works"

Any one remeber Bill Hicky??

Bill Hicky used to trave around to Star Trek cons and sell Phasers.

Many of us though they were his, I did for years.

He was selling Brad Nelson's models.

He was taking credit for Brad's work. (No rip off just did not say who the maker was.)

I know of other such things, so was asking if Sid does any of his own work.

I could see which way the wind was blowing, that I was losing and going to lose this fight, so felt that to fill all my remaining orders faster and hopefully better (IF all the hype about how great his casting is true) and get something for all his ripoff seemed like a win win.

To make peace also seemed like a good idea.

I also thought that all the clames that he had not recast me was true, I realy though many did not know, I now see that everyone knew.

I thought I was fighting to prove my case.

I though once he confessed and then pulled out of a deal, that if I could show he had lied to everyone for years everyone would reject him for these "Crimes".

Boy was I wrong.

Everyone knew he had ripped me off.

No one cared.

Oh well...

Rich
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear People,

I don't like to be called as recaster. I think I show and I am showing my work and I am making any improvement to it. Now seems you have to buy from me only for better casting and price? Please be honest, Steyr parts is steyr pas and I am sorry if they are similar to Richard's parts. This mean that I am made crap kits only to say that i am not a recaster. Richard saqid that my grips was made from offworld model, could pelae some one take and measures thedm and give a look to the rhombus patter? Now I am very disappointed. I am not arecaster, why richard don't send the images of his work? why the people don't comper my new parts to his parts? am I a recaster? Please if you want a better products ask to richard to fight with his model parts and not with air words. I want add that is wasted time ask to Richard to ask the make his models better. I am not a stupid I am using a patented by me new system to make my casting, the Chinese people can't do better. In afew words I just made some parts for the new Blade Runner Worldcon. I will stop my work so you will be able to buy other replicas. I will only be the possibility to my old customers to to buy a trans kit. At least I know that who bought for me had appreciated my work.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not show my current model to you.

I will not help you in any way to make a new model.

Here are the pictures show your coping:

http://www.racprops.com/Sidkits/

http://www.racprops.com/C&S%20vs%20Sidkit/

These are from your all metal model many times sanded and repainted and cast in metal and still the details between a real Styer and Bulldog parts stand out and I show all the changes I made NOT you and all the same changes are part of all your parts.

IF you had gotten a casting of just a real Styer and Bulldog you would not have all my changes.

Even if you copied my work yourself you would not have gotten it 100% the same, which your parts are.

I offered you a fair deal which you twested into a sham.

I offered you my hand in freindship in honor of you seeming new efford to do it yourself and in honor of all your supporters here and got spat on by you.

You idea that I am to pay you 75% of my income and you nothing from your's was too distorted to be belived.

Now even if you were to offer any deal, I can not trust you.

Funny how those who are planing to rip you off say " Trust me" which you seemed to say in every email.

I trusted you and what did I get?? A lie.

You can not remove or change the truth.

You could have atoned for it, you could have honored our deal.

You could have earned my friedship and I would have said we were all right now he made up for his misdeeds and is a honorable man.

You could have gotten so much more in models to make but now you will not get them from me.

Rich
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, now I can say, after the cosulting with more 100 friend's emails received..... You are out of market. you are the first recaster for a stunt resin version and no more people want your new super mega kilowatt electronic with super sound effetcts and many more..... versions. You started with 1.1, than 1.0234 than you will sell 1.234.567,897 than we will have to wait the Coyle's verison 1,233423634070643165031054356143763'012.69. Let me know when this version will be available because probably my frturistic version of the Blade Runner will be in to a museum.

They just asked me to make the new Blaster prototype for the new movie you are out Very Happy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shipped 16 last month.

I am doing 20 more now.

Rich
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
I shipped 16 last month.

I am doing 20 more now.

Rich

That is a bit of a number... yeah, I quoted you in case you decide to revise your post and get rid of your totals... that was 16 last month and 20 this month.

-Bryan
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Boy another counter, that is 16 after the 12 I did this last fall to beat the English Deadline...

Wow am I flying.

The next 20 will take months to do...

Please do not hold your breath.

Rich
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devil is in the details.

So what you ARE saying is Sid can do it cheaper, better and faster than you.

I look forward to HIS new model.

-Bryan
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of course, he does almost no work, if I was selling kits I could pop them out as fast, I do build ups, remember all those hours over months and months you worked on your model???

That is the work I do.

PS My new model is in production and shipping.

Rich
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I worked months and months on a model then I would be as slow as you, but I am not.

-Bryan
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY BOY OH BOY Have I got a job for you.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Buyer Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: