FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Who built the blaster?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Who built the blaster? Reply with quote

I believe there is still some mystery to who exactly built the final prop, yes?

I've heard it was a for hire mexican gunsmith, never heard a name.

I've heard several people had thier parts in developing the blaster as shooting continued.

I've heard the rifle action was found on accident in a gun store, purchased o the spot, then Ridley passed it off to the prop master and requested he us it as the base.

And I've heard real names used in reference to who built it as well, but I can't remember any of them.

The stunt castings that were done before final modifications, was that handled by a certain company/prop master in LA?

Anybody know this stuff for certain?

I apologize if this is old news, I would just really like to discuss it again in a more formal way.

Thanks.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil and I asked the prop master and only got a name of Jimmy.

I heard he passed away a couple of years ago.

Truly one of the unsung heroes of prop making, to machine that harden steel Styer and not make a major mistake was something, I lost three machining plastic ones making my master....

All the detail he made, the side covers, the grips and grip frame and butt plate, after so much time trying to recreate them I can say he is/was a hard act to follow.

Sadly that is the prop makers lot in life, used and thrown away with not a foot note in history, or a film credit, and often low pay as well.

I am one of the lucky few if just about the only prop maker to reach any level of fame, and it is partly due to a Million Dollar law suit that I did…and that I used my real name instead of a company name, and that I was willing to wholesale my models across the US and world so more people could get them.

I use racprops on the internet as that was the cover name given my models by so many dealers who feared giving out my real name so people might find me and buy from me personally.

But they also found my rep was making sales so using my initials as part of the name clued those in the know without giving my real name away.

When I joined the internet many only knew of me by that name…

RIch
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: