FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deckard, Retro WALLET SET - NEED SOMEONE TO CAST BADGES
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Creme Brulee
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very recently received one of Gary's Retro Wallet Sets, and must say how impressed I am with it. It really is a quality product, and truly unique. Gary has put alot of time and effort into these and it shows. The badge's and the retro Deckard card look very authentic, as are the other card's he has made, right down to real dates and address's. The wallet is made from a high grade of leather, this would be prototypical, as the time of this peice is set in 2011. He's also a really nice guy to correspond with, very helpful and curtious. Although I'm sure some of the longer members know that already! He supplied me with photos of the wallet at various stages of completion, even to arrange a folder for the history document as the type I was looking for, was not available here in the UK. This definitely rates as the best wallet in my collection so far, and I would recommend these to anyone wishing to add one to theirs.

A very big thanks, to you Gary.

Darrin. Smile
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: LOOKING FOR LOST WAX CASTER Reply with quote

Hello,
The jeweler who was doing the metal badges for me in pewter (silver) and brass (gold) has retired. He returned the molds, etc. to me and I have the original sculpts.

I need to locate a jeweler who I can trust with the molds to make another short run for me. Probably just brass ones at this point. I sold out and people continue to ask for this set.

Any leads appreciated.

THANKS.
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have companies I work with professionally for my company for both pewter and brass castings. It depends on the quantities you are after, but lower quantities are easier with a larger item like a badge.

With rubber molds, it's easy to shoot waxes and have them cast. I have a wax injector in my shop and can shoot waxes myself. For pewter, a brass original (or better yet, several) would be needed for doing a vulcanized rubber spincast mold so the brass castings would ideally be done first, unless you have 3 or 4 metal masters already.

My manufacturers are quite secure and trustworthy. I am very conscious of security issues also. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Jeffrey
tain669
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ltee, if you are making another round of these. Count me in for one...
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are spin cast molds I have my own pewter setup so I might be interested.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: