FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Who Saw Crystal Skull?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachael
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Who Saw Crystal Skull? Reply with quote

I'm thinking everyone did because we actually had to wait in line yesterday. Which might have been because it was raining so no one around here was out barbecuing.

It was a lot of fun. I'm glad we went opening weekend with a packed house. The ending got a bit much but I have conspiracy issues so not everyone would mind that part.

all in all, it's much better than I thought it would be when it was announced. Good casting, good chases (of course). Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
LA2019
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it on the opening night here in the small town where I live (I live 50 meters from the cinema).. No line and very little people there on the opening night.

My thoughts on the movie.. Well, I didnt like it and the whole idea with you-know-what is something I dont think fit in a Indiana Jones movie, Mutt Williams was an nice edition thou.

The whole "Communist thing" and Nuclear stuff where good too

Still, the worst Indiana movie so far Embarassed IMHO

4yearlifespan
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Saw Crystal Skull? Reply with quote

Rachael wrote:
I'm thinking everyone did because we actually had to wait in line yesterday. Which might have been because it was raining so no one around here was out barbecuing.

It was a lot of fun. I'm glad we went opening weekend with a packed house. The ending got a bit much but I have conspiracy issues so not everyone would mind that part.

all in all, it's much better than I thought it would be when it was announced. Good casting, good chases (of course). Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Agreed - A good way to spend an afternoon - it's Harrison
But definitely the weakest of the quads and the initial establisher of the warehouse with the coffin, was just too obvious in knowing what the ending would unveil.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fun, but not earth-shattering. I'd put it 3rd in the series behind Raiders and Last Crusade, but (far) ahead of Temple of Doom.
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it Thursday morning at a matinee and really enjoyed it.
I didn't have any problem with the storyline and it was great to see HF back in "the hat."
CessnaDriver
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw with two friends, all of us big Indy fans from way back.

None of us cared for it. A big disappointment. Even with reduced expectations going in.
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge Indy fan and I was very happy with the movie.

It really felt like a 1950's serial and althought the subject of you know what was probably not my favorite storyline choice for a character like Indy, I was happy with how the entire thing was handled. Raiders and LC are very dear to my heart for many reasons, but I have found a place for KOTCS as well.

I think we, the audience, went into this with our own notions of what and Indy story should be and were not thrilled, but if you consider that this was supposed to be a story of a 1950's adventure with a very out of place 1930's adventurer, you might see things differently. I just think we may have wanted this movie to be something it could not be and when you accept that it is something different you may appreciate it more for what it is.

-Bryan
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just think we may have wanted this movie to be something it could not be and when you accept that it is something different you may appreciate it more for what it is.

Really? You've talked yourself into liking it, IMHO. I think that after all these years this film could have easily been very good, and beyond Indy, just a solid story.

I walked out of the movie after Shia started swinging on vines with monkeys, and the soviets were getting eaten by giant ants. I thought it was embarrassing, and aweful. I was cringing through most of it.

It didn't have to do with what I thought it should be, it had everything to do with what it was. A very bad movie.

I don't care if it's Indy, or Mad Max, or any number of cinematic icons. A bad idea is a bad idea, and a good story is a good story.

The film was a narrative mess from the very first scene, and it never bothered to even try to be a good story.

And, what really bothered me on top of everything else was that this Indy was played entirey for comedy. Every single scene was done for laughs. It was a screwball slapstick comedy, but they forgot to make it funny.

It was almost a self parody in ways too. Didn't like that.

Seeing Ford as Indy again was a kick for about 20 minutes, then the movie really stopped being anything but an inside joke.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the sense that you weren't entirely thrilled with it, Noeland. Unfortunately, you're being too subtle. Open up, man. Let us know your real feelings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: