FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
New Sidkit Build up Worldcon and R.Coyle Blaster Comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll throw myself on this grenade.

Rich and Sid should each send me one of their latest pieces. Carefully chosen "beauty pieces" or "randomly chosen production pieces", either is fine with me. I'll then take as many side-by-side comparison pictures as people want and from whatever angles people ask for and I'll post them all here for everyone's examination. I'll also post my unbiased opinion.

I know. I know. I'm too sacrificing, you say. What a martyr, you say. These are the lengths to which I'm willing to go. I give and I give. That's me, a giver.

Once I'm done, I'll donate the pieces to charity (the Holy Crap! Pete's Collection Needs Some Major Help Foundation sounds like a good one, don't you guys think?) Or, since my birthday is next Saturday, you could just call it a present. I'm cool with that, too.

Sound good? Let me know and I'll give you the shipping address.

(okay, I am just kidding - though my birthday is next Saturday and they would make a fine birthday present - but someone had to try and inject some fun and levity back into the board)
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your selflessness is to be commended sir. In the event that the Holy Crap! Pete's Collection Needs Some Major Help Foundation is unable (for as yet unknown reasons) to take possession of both pieces, then the Sidkit could be donated to the Nexus6 Has Got Some Huevos Trying To Participate In a Hobby Requiring Pockets This Deep Fund (N6HGSHTTPIAHRPTDF).

I like to do what I can, as well.
drmcoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am buiding a COYLE and a SidKit snd will post a review once they are done -- which may noit be for about another month.
QuasiOdo
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Then we'll have a fair comparison- because I've seen RAC's current model and it's like 99% accurate to the Worldcon gun.

Frankly, we're lucky to now have such good replicas to choose from.

This all reminds me of the classic phaser battles of a couple of years ago over on ASAP. In other words, not a good or productive environment.

Hostilities should cease.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pete's idea.
I would vote that the completed Blaster's be given
to Karl Tate after the comparison is finished...we really do have him to thank for the newest most accurate versions of the Blaster...and I believe he is still owed one by one of the makers.
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
I like Pete's idea.
to Karl Tate after the comparison is finished...we really do have him to thank for the newest most accurate versions of the Blaster...and I believe he is still owed one by one of the makers.

A great idea imo.
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
I like Pete's idea.

My name is svander and I approve this message.
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear collectors,

I could say yes for the comparison until wath is happened. An honest man that helped me has been ruined from someone. Richard say that he have not idea about this. However I asked to Pinzerato to help about my situations. well his ebay account has been suspended and if you give a look to the "pit" you can understadn why!?! So , I respect your opinion but I don't want enymore to play with a child as Richard. A comparison??????????????? You don't need an expert, you have just to wait the people that are buying my kit. Then you'll will able to see alot of beautifull build up and compare them with Richard Blasters. Sorry but my opinion is that you will not an expert only because handled the real worldcon. If I had to give trust only to those people my kit will be not available to all members. I shown the comparison, Richard can show his own work, why he don't reply with his images?Give a look to Richard's buttplate it is totally wrong! Just a start of view!!! I shown all the parts I made, grips included. This is not sufficient? I didn't saw here the Richard step by step works? Why? I accepted advices for all members and remade parts that you said were not right, in shape, proportions etc.. Then I reposts images untill the member said ok they are acceptable. Sorry but you have to read read the fight against me by R. Coyle. I don't need to a comparison with his.......... I just made a kit that involve a lot of time because I love to do good things. Every time I have to see a judments. I never said I am the best, I only said I love make models, i want the helps of the help collectors, I want to be one of you. I am Sorry that I can't say more because otherwise the moderator will put my post on the pit.! But please view the PIT.....VIEW THE PIT.......VIEW THE PIT AND Again GO TO THE PIT AND READ WATH'S HAPPENED, PLEASE READ THE PITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I am sure you will able to understand my words.

Thanks
Siderio.
4yearlifespan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siderio - the only reason I personally asked to see a comparison, is that you used an older version of Richard's blaster - version 3..4.... and that is not fair play. From what I can see, your work is stunning - some concerns - but all around a wonderful piece. To place pics of your latest WC Build next to a 3rd gen RAC Blaster is just not sporting.

I guess we will have to wait for drmcoy to get his pieces finished up. Can't wait.
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4yearlifespan wrote:
Siderio - the only reason I personally asked to see a comparison, is that you used an older version of Richard's blaster - version 3..4.... and that is not fair play. From what I can see, your work is stunning - some concerns - but all around a wonderful piece. To place pics of your latest WC Build next to a 3rd gen RAC Blaster is just not sporting.

I guess we will have to wait for drmcoy to get his pieces finished up. Can't wait.

Where is it, that you're getting the "3..4" number? If it's from Sid's earlier post, that would be Sid repeating my sarcasm about all the version numbers.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that Coyle in the comp photos is a "CS & T WorldCon" model, not one of the earlier versions that Rich had before the WorldCon revelation. So if we're going to call the Coyle in those photos an "older model" or "3rd gen", then the real question is: how many version numbers of Rich's WorldCon model are there?
4yearlifespan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Nexus

I'm actually referring to Rich's post "From the double roll in the grip I can say it is at lease two to three models old. "

and I guess I couldn't decipher the sarcasm as sid quoted "nexus6" and not the sentence used denoting sarcasm. My bad for that one
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I sell and sold kits, the comparison are you! You will build a kit of mine. You will be the artists that will build up it. I am only the person that made some pieces of metals. You can give to those metal parts your own touch. I don't have problems to say that most of the sidkit buitl up made from a lot of talented artists on this comunity are more better than my personal build up. This is my way, I start something that will be time to time improved by you. I am happy to start this innovation. It is not the maker the real artist but all people that make his personal works of art on my kit. My success is not because I am the best model Blaster makers but the collectors that improve my kits. So if you sir will make a good build up you will be a recaster. I am happy that all of you improve my kit and call you innovators.

You are the artists, I am a base kit makers.

Have your enjoy!

Sid.
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4yearlifespan wrote:
Hey

Nexus

I'm actually referring to Rich's post "From the double roll in the grip I can say it is at lease two to three models old. "

and I guess I couldn't decipher the sarcasm as sid quoted "nexus6" and not the sentence used denoting sarcasm. My bad for that one

If that is true, then Rich is already 2-3 versions into his WorldCon models???

Shocked
4yearlifespan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siderio wrote

"It is not the maker the real artist but all people that make his personal works of art on my kit. My success is not because I am the best model Blaster makers but the collectors that improve my kits."

now this is refreshing to hear...some folk should take note Wink

well said Siderio
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was added some words but for mistake I cancelled all. however I have to tank you "4yearlifespan"

Siderio.
QuasiOdo
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Rich has in fact produced incrementally more accurate versions of his Worldcon model.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes three versions of remade Grips and minor changes.

That is why I have only sold a few, I have held back until I got it right.

And I will offer upgrades (IF I can) to those sold earlier.

IF you were on my waiting list you would have gotten a email and a article about all these upgrades and changes.

I really worked hard and stayed at it to make it right and the best I can.

I do not want Sid ripping it and me off again.

Rich
Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:

Rich

You really are like a scratched LP.

Last edited by Anson James on Sat May 31, 2008 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:

Rich

*YAWN!!!*
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has forgotten, there are some example's of Rich's metal blaster here:
http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=780

I have no idea which versions these are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: