FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
New Sidkit Build up Worldcon and R.Coyle Blaster Comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this is the one I remember now, it does look very nice. I was tempted to get one, though I lost my trust in Rich's build-ups a long time ago.

Who is Pinzerato by the way? I've only heard his name mentioned a few times. Is he supplying the kit?
QuasiOdo
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice to Mr. RAC would be to supply whoever with THE version he would want to be used in any fair comparison... which, if I may attempt to diplomatically state, remains a good idea, IMHO.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since Dr. McCoy has already stated that he is currently building one of Sid's latest kits as well as one of the kits the Rich offered, I believe that his would be the best, most accurate way to obtain a side-by-side comparison. Both pieces are straight-off production samples, not beauty pieces specifically chosen to highlight the best examples if what they can produce. He says that he should be finished with them in a few weeks, so we should probably table the discussion until he can take some photos and give his impression of both the kits and of the finished pieces that they result in.
QuasiOdo
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Eagle got one of the ealiest of the "CS&T's" off of the assembly line to beat the replica ban. The other one seems to have the updated grips. To be fair, the one Sid is showing is one I had reassembled that I believe belonged to OB. It appeared to me to be a version 4 with some minor "worldcon" upgrades and paintjob. I had loan of it from OB in order to do a review which I backed off from when I heard Rich was still working on it. Much of the fit problems could have been caused by by the reassembly by me.

I can say that I noticed that many issues I had with other Coyle versions had not been addressed and in some cases seemed worse than previous versions. Very likely because of mold degeneration or one of Rich's hired hands working on it. At the same time I liked it better than the previous versions.

In Sid's pictures I can see some significant changes that were requested by me and some that were not, in Sid's new version. I think the over all appearance of the gun is superior than any other version I have seen. I can also say from other pieces I have of Sids, that he casts his pieces, and puts together his kits 'Thoughtfully', regardless of their accuracy. I do hope that the casting of the new version keeps the parts close as possible to the dimensions of the original parts so those who wish can replace them with authentic source parts as well.

Andy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Et Tu Andy??

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying very hard to be honest and fair. This is all stuff I have told you personally anyway.

BTW you might want to be carefull with your quotes because others will just point out how you are comparing your self to Caesar, a king that had lost his mind and become dangerous enough that even his friends HAD to kill him.

"Beware the Ides of March" I guess should be my reply, even though they have past.

andy
QuasiOdo
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful, yes... besides, there've been enough inaccurate comparisons around here already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: