FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Microma

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DWL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Microma Reply with quote

Hi this is my first post and I am looking for some help on the Microma three button watch Harrison Ford wears in blade Runner. I collect digital watches and have my own library I am building http://www.digitalwatchlibrary.com.
The question is does anybody know for sure anything about the watch. i am lucky enough to own two three buttons and a couple of two buttons all in varying degrees of condition. The module in the cleaner one and the only one I have branded Microma is a about 1.5mm thinner that my other models these are all branded for Meister Anker identical watches, all obviously Microma but with a small indistinguishable logo in place of the MICROMA lettering.
I tried pausing the movie to find out for certain but could never get a really sharp shot.
Has anyone else any thoughts on this.
Apologies if I posted in the wrong place

thank you Adam
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome DWL. I have a feeling one of the members here at least might be able to help with this.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and yes Offworld66 has a 3 button Microma...you could PM him
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Adam,

If i read your question correctly, you need to know which small logo is on the watch face.
To the best of my knowledge there is no existing picture of the screen used watch with enough detail to make out the brand name, though it is quite obviously a Microma.
I have only ever seen Microma watches with that name on the face but anything is possible i guess. If you could post some pictures it might help find a better answer.

We may be able to help each other on something else.
My watch is screen accurate in all aspects but colour. It is possible to have my silver watch powder coated matt black using the same techniques as the original
but it is costly and the watch will be out of my hands for weeks.
If you have a spare matt black 3 button version with the correct band and need a silver one, we could remove the internals ans swap maybe.
Let me know if your interested.

Here are some pics of the screen used watch and my watch if it helps.
Welcome once again and if i havnt helped at all just post some pics and someone here will help, thats what they do here.

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try aluminum black on it, if that is what you want. Powder coating it would ruin the surface machining textures.

Andy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your absolutely right Andy, dont know why i had powder coating in my head, there are a few methods possible, thats not one of them.
Hopefuly Adam has a spare black one and needs a silver one for his watch collection.
DWL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for not replying sooner I only got the first forum reply notifying me someone would be able to help.
Im not swapping any of my microma watches a to the moment as i need to take stock of what I have and to be honest I have a thing for digital watches from films so the black three buttons are unlikely to be going anywhere. I am out at the moment but will try to upload some images so you can see what I mean about the logo.
When the film is out on new formats like blue ray will I then stand more of a chance to get better screen stills, sorry for my ignorance.

regards

Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: