FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
FS - Tyrell Logo Engraved Plaque

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: FS - Tyrell Logo Engraved Plaque Reply with quote

I am offering for sale, unpainted versions of the Tyrell Corporation Logo Plaque. Here are some photos of the painted piece:

The plaques are precision cut on a CNC router from MDF and are only available UNPAINTED. Here are pictures of the unpainted piece:

The Plaque measures 11 inches tall by 13 inches wide by 3/4 inches thick. It is cut from Plum Creek Super-Refined MDF. This is a superior quality material that has a denser more uniform core which cuts more cleanly and paints easier than the junk they sell at Home Depot! The piece comes unfinished for you to prime and paint as desired. Painting and finishing instructions are included.

This plaque is intended for interior display only. The MDF will not hold up to exposure to the elements, no matter how well you seal it!

THE PRICE

$40 each plus $10.95 Priority Mail shipping in the United States. International shipping will be quoted based on destination. Payments via PayPal only, please.

Please PM me if you are interested. Custom sizes and materials are available, inquire via PM.

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Dave!!

Other materials and sizes? mmmmmm, it's possible to have one in clear methacrylate? Perhaps in a smaller size (50% of your original, for example).
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfuste wrote:
Nice one Dave!!

Other materials and sizes? mmmmmm, it's possible to have one in clear methacrylate? Perhaps in a smaller size (50% of your original, for example).

I am not familiar with methacrylate. If it's clear plastic you are looking for I can cut the sign in clear acyrlic. Here in the U.S. it's called Plexiglas, in Europe I believe it's called Perspex.

V Cutting in acrylic leaves a residue in the cuts that is difficult to remove without scratching the plastic. What looks really good is to reverse cut the design from the back of the sheet so you look through the uncut side at the design. Seems to glow like neon.

If this is of interest to you I can work up a price.

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveG wrote:

V Cutting in acrylic leaves a residue in the cuts that is difficult to remove without scratching the plastic. What looks really good is to reverse cut the design from the back of the sheet so you look through the uncut side at the design. Seems to glow like neon.

If this is of interest to you I can work up a price.

You are right Dave, Plexiglas or Perspex will do the trick. Mmmm... the reverse cut is interesting, more with the neon effect as you mentioned. If you can quote a price with no effort, will be welcomed. But I don't wanna bother you with this, ok? Very Happy

Which other materials may work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: