FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Sending PKDs within the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Sending PKDs within the UK Reply with quote

Just looking for some advice on this one.
I'm a UK member and just sold a full metal built up Sidkit to another UK member.
I'm assuming that I am OK to send this from one UK address to another, without problems.
I've checked prohibited items with carrieres- Parcelforce prohibits anything remotely gun shaped, but Royal Mail seem to be less of a problem (conditions obviously apply).
Will be packaging it up securely and adding a large note stating 'this is a non firing sci-fi prop etc. etc.'
Have any UK members had any problems or am I pretty much covered?
BTW, sending as a kit is not an option- this is built up.
Any comments would be helpful before I take it down the PO.

Thanks, Spoony
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have no problems sending it special delivery. No UKPO internal parcels get x rayed. I'm not even certain that parcelforce deliveries do unless they leave the country. I think they get X-rayed at the international depot.

I've never had problems posting build ups within the UK

Mark it as "replica pewter film prop " if you need to mark it at all (you won't if you send it special delivery). Just don't write " gun" on the label

Hope that helps Smile
Spoony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, was suddenly getting cold feet when I started looking in to what is accepted through UK postal services.
Royal Mail (SD) certainly looks OK as long as I include the blurb about it being a soft metal sci fi prop etc.
Only problem I see is they have started asking what the package contains when you post it at the PO. I suppose 'sci fi film prop' should pretty much sum up the contents.
Appreciate the advice.
Spoony

seesinsilhouette wrote:
You should have no problems sending it special delivery. No UKPO internal parcels get x rayed. I'm not even certain that parcelforce deliveries do unless they leave the country. I think they get X-rayed at the international depot.

I've never had problems posting build ups within the UK

Mark it as "replica pewter film prop " if you need to mark it at all (you won't if you send it special delivery). Just don't write " gun" on the label

Hope that helps Smile
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this, does UK customs check packages from within the EU? Or is it mainly from US etc?
Spoony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastMaster wrote:
Just to add to this, does UK customs check packages from within the EU? Or is it mainly from US etc?

Can't answer that, but at a guess I would say yes.
There's alot of stuff available in other European countries that is still prohibited in the UK. Customs must realise this and do some sort of check on packages coming on to UK shores.
Don't know whether or not there is the same level of checks as packages from outside the EU.
I managed to get my metal Sidkit to another UK member, but as suspected, they do grill you at the PO about what is in the package you are sending. Seems to be the new policy when posting items, even within the UK.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought they didn't bother with EU, say France/Germany/UK. I wonder if anyone has had anything seized within the EU?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: