FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
So, uh... should we post introductions here? Yes, lets!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnojodo
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I'm Ed from the good old U of K
I go by the same screen name on theRPF.
A drunken night on ebay and Alen's (Wizard of flight) Mando helmet plans got me into film props quite some time ago. I was on the RPF and some of the 501st forums by Johno years ago but life took over, so years late, a move back to my local ish area and a big pay cut as I chose quality of life over money and found I had time to build. I dabbled with a cheap cheap 3D printer I thought this could give me space fillers until I got the props I wanted, Again a few years later and lots of printed SWars stuff on shelves I decided I needed a bit of variety so got a Little Dredd shelf on the go and wanted more of this great Sci Fi world that existed outside of SWars. that's when I saw Harrison Ford had more than One greate gun in film so I thought why not add Indy and Deckard to the gun props. As most know theres a good enough 3D model out there for a dark room when you squint at 50m, That's where it sat for about a year until I discovered I was crap with a grinder and cut my toe off .... This was great, it gave me even more time to fiddle with props so after spending money on a Cap shield to a Pulse rifle my old Det Special caught my eye, Its been ripped apart and re painted had a display box added taken apart re painted had a homebrew metal barrel added and ready for the next heavy replacement part. But between this gun and helping Chicken on thingiverse with more iterations of his K blaster than have seen daylight it's helped me through a rough couple of months. But after all the glasses and ID/Room cards I still love this gun so its time to add to it till I take the plunge on a Tome once I can get it past the wife radar.

Anyhoo that's enough of my waffle

Take care
Ed
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ed...and, as you know, to get pass the wife's radar is much more difficult and riddle with the possibilities of you being hit by her FLACK than actually building props Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: